It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All hail comet holmes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have watched over the past couple of months and ive noticed something, recently all the predictions or prophecies that have been updated all now seem to include comet Holmes? we have had posts about earth being hit by an asteroid on January 28/29 and yes its there comet Holmes was a warning that if it is charged the wrong way its going to kill us all.

and the list goes on even today a thread about earth being invaded by Aliens in August by either Aliens or a fake invasion by the shadow government, Stewart Swerdlow apparent survivor of Montauk is using comet Holmes now as a warning to the world? and the list goes on.

Why oh why can't these people mention these things before they appear? or are known to us? we have known about comet Holmes for a long time but because it illuminated the sky (nobody yet knows why) it is an omen that they forgot to include in their prophacies the first time around.

So i have a prediction now there is a erm comet coming sometime in the next 10 years that will erm do something strange, bide my words when it does then something terrible will happen on earth, Yeah right something terrible is always happening on our dear Planet.

What i will predict however is that when the next comet does pass us by someone somewhere will tell us some doomsday story or add it to a prophecy, who knows it might even be a vessel.

Anybody else got a prophecy?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
WOW incredible the way this thread just dropped off the scope, Like it was lightning fast i wonder if it has something to do with the crititism i gave out yesterday? and the question to mods to answer honestly if they get paid to make threads vanish, to which there was no reply,

Amazing and incredible. I know it isnt the most incredible thread on ATS but it is a topic aint it?

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

dude keep your shirt on, its just the first day of posting, sorry you didnt get the honorable mention and a standing ovation

post it and they will reply

take a deep breath and check on it from time to time

replying to your own post to keep it new isnt going to help

there are thousands of topics and hundreds of ATSers here

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am totally with you, all theese doombringers tend to try and connect all kinds of phenomenons, observations and dates together in an attempt to make their prediction stronger, getting followers/believers to create more traffic to their websites and sometimes even to sell some books.

However they fail over and over again... I wonder what people are doing with all the books they bought, about all theese "end of the world" scenarios?

They could pile them all up, and make a book-statue of Nostradamus, to use in their next domsday prediction!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Everyone that reads this post will die. Including me.

One more line so my prediction is more of a quality product for the ATS forum.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It will be an incredible day when somebody comes and names the bringer of doom and im not talking about 20 years from now, Just once i want to see a thread that names a date or an event that will happen with the things that lead upto it, i used to love nostradamus stories and predictions until people came out of the woodwork after 911 and said he predicted it but we just did not decipher it properly.

I do believe there are people who have an incling into things which will happen, but those people are so afraid to come forward to give us the details, simply because they will get laughed at or arrested after the event and accused of doing it.

Comet Holmes however is quickly becoming a fav of the doomsdayers or prophets esp on youtube.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I apologise but i had to do something, plus im not the first to ever do this i saw one today where the first 7 posts where by the author

I do however now feel ashamed
and shall beat myself with some soggy spaghetti dipped in sherbet

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
can i just like, wrap myself up like a mummy in anti-static bags that computer hardware components come in to protect myself from teh negative charge of plasma that would be coming?

heheh. (sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I apologise but i had to do something, plus im not the first to ever do this i saw one today where the first 7 posts where by the author

*scoff* my personal record is having the first 3 replies to my own thread, or was that 2 replies plus the initial thread posting. hmm...

Nonetheless, some people dont really mind talking to themselves, they just want their stuff read, by someone, somewhere, at some point..

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
..yes its there comet Holmes was a warning that if it is charged the wrong way its going to kill us all...

Where are you getting information that if Holmes changes course it will hit the Earth? Holmes' orbit is far outside of Earth's orbit, situated between Mars and Jupiter. It would take a major coincidence for it to send it into the inner solar-system and into near Earth orbit...

Comet Holmes Orbit

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Is Holmes that orange-ish object that around midnight or so is just west of the center of the sky, and then begins to set hours later to the West? It's not in the plain of the ecliptic, so it can't be a planet, yet if it's a comet, I would expect a tail or at least some fuzziness...anyone know what I'm looking at; perhaps it is the comet?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Comets have long been seen as a harbinger of bad fortune, and I think that may be based on reality. A large comet passing nearby could very well be the cause of such historical catastrophes as Noah's flood, and the plagues of Egypt (see Velikovsky). That said, I see no reason to think that Holmes will be the big one at this point.

Originally posted by skyshow
Is Holmes that orange-ish object that around midnight or so is just west of the center of the sky, and then begins to set hours later to the West? It's not in the plain of the ecliptic, so it can't be a planet, yet if it's a comet, I would expect a tail or at least some fuzziness...anyone know what I'm looking at; perhaps it is the comet?

You may be correct, but I believe it's close to the horizon to the north. The comet Holmes coma is more of a disc for some reason rather than a wedge as we're used to seeing. I recommend James McCanney’s web sight for more info.

www.jmccanneyscience.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

i did not say it was going to change course. one of the theories as to why it brightened as it did was that it was negativly charged, now other people are using this negative charge theory to say that if an asteroid comes close to earth with a negative charge it could cause plasma storms which can spell bad news for earth,

For example the asteroid that is going to miss us on Jan 29th some doomsdayers are saying it could change course towards earth if it has this charge which is just theory, however i see it as one of the best theories as to why Holmes became as bright as it did.

This is one of the things i was getting at, it is and has become another doomsday object and is being added daily to old prophacies that did not come to pass, Now some of the prophets are saying this is what they meant all along they just got the dates wrong
so now when it swings around in a couple of years for its next pass we are deep in the doo doo..

IMHO we are just in the doo doo anyways worrying about matters here on terra firma .

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

LMAO i am always talking to myself, the problem is i dont always understand what im saying.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
How do you explain that on the same day Apeil 11 in 1996 and 1997 comet Hayacote and comet Hale Bopp intersected at Algol star, and 10 years after that comet Holmes will hit Algol too.!
How do you explain that Comet Holmes moves on Algol as if it is a sword to cut Algol ( the Head of Satan in all meythologies).
All Hail Holmes is quite interesting title, because Holmes warning of a coming all hail strike on earth ( in midday) sometime in the very near future.
The hail will be remnants of Comet McNaught of jan 2007!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
17P/Holmes is a normal comet. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "the end of the world", or other nonsense of that kind. As for it being "electrically charged", and that this would be capable of changing its trajectory, answer me this........

Why have we never seen evidence of this "electrical perturbation theory" in the motions of comets ?

The trajectories of these objects are controlled exclusively by gravity until they approach the Sun closely enough to experience the rocket like thrusting effect of sublimating ices. They aren't being flung around by electrical forces, because if they were, astronomers would notice the errors in the calculated positions and velocities of the objects (based entirely on gravitational force equations) when they returned from the outer Solar System.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
17P/Holmes is a normal comet. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "the end of the world", or other nonsense of that kind. As for it being "electrically charged", and that this would be capable of changing its trajectory, answer me this........

Why have we never seen evidence of this "electrical perturbation theory" in the motions of comets ?

For the same reason we have never seen evidence for the "gravitational theory" and its effect on comets motion. You claim to have evidence when in fact it is only indications!
Noone understands the forces behind gravity yet!

The trajectories of these objects are controlled exclusively by gravity until they approach the Sun closely enough to experience the rocket like thrusting effect of sublimating ices. They aren't being flung around by electrical forces, because if they were, astronomers would notice the errors in the calculated positions and velocities of the objects (based entirely on gravitational force equations) when they returned from the outer Solar System.

This is also pure theory, as no one have ever discovered and proved the forces behind gravity.. and your use of words like "flung around" are misguiding, just aswell as "calculated positions" depending on "red shifts" are flawed...So the control behind the trajectories of theese objects, are still open for debate.

Instead of saying things like "theese objects are exclusively controlled by gravity" you could use the more correct sentence of :
"theoretical models of standard science, indicate that theese objects, could be controlled by the force of the gravitational models we use"

This would be the correct way, to persive ones own science beliefs aswell.

The socalled ice-tail theory... According to Electric Universe theory, comets and asteroids are not necessarily of different composition and it is the long oval orbit through the solar electrical field that makes a comet grow a "head and tail". read more about it here

You are ofcourse totally right on the subject, that it doesnt have anything to do with "the end of the world"

new topics

top topics

join