It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids as Ancient Bombshelters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I had a dream that the pyramids were created as ancient bombshelters, for what reason I have no idea. Thinking in sci-fi mode, perhaps the good aliens gave the ancient egyptians the technology to create these vast wonders in order to save secure themselves from the evil aliens that used weapons similar to nukes. Although that is probably not a good, nor logical reason. With the precision that the rocks are placed, I believe it was said that not even a piece of paper can be sliden inbetween two rocks, could it be possible that the pyramids were created in order to house the elites of ancient egypt from mass destruction? In modern times, people carve into mountains for nuclear security, but instead of carving into mountains, why not build mountains.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I bet the sandstone would probably survive to some extent ALTHOUGH the intense heat blast would have vaporized any combustable material and reduced anything that was liquid to vapor.

IF by some chance the layers of sandstone were capable of insulating the interior chambers from the intense heat of the blast wave. I would suspect that all the air would be consumed by the updraft created by the blast wave thereby sufficating anyone inside the inner chambers.

But I am not an expert in the inner chamber design of the pyramids so I guess considering some possible highly engineered chambers it could be possible to survive a nuclear strike, by being inside the pyramid.

Interesting idea though.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think it is an interesting and well conceived theory. There is evidence that nuclear weapons may have existed in ancient societies ( do a search on ats about it) and that the pyramids may have been built as bomb shelters.

If i remember correctly the intense heat of a nuclear blast actually fuses rock together, so you would have a one peice pyramid after an explosion. They have found evidence of this fused rock and high levels of radiation in ancient dig sites, not to mention ancient literature that describes perfectly the affects of a nuke and radiation.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yeah, the heat would basically turn the pyramids to glass... and i would assume that the suction from the mushroom cloud would suck out all the air as well.

it is a good theory though

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A direct hit, with a 10 KT tactical nuke , will blow away this so-called shelter. So it can't be a good theory. But I have to admit it , it's a cool dream.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We're they too hard to get into? Obviously they weren't hard enough to get into, hence grave robbing, but it would have been an awful lot of trouble to get into them in an emergency wouldn't they?

Or course they wouldn't take a 10kT hit dead on and survive. But ancient nuclear delivery systems probably weren't very accurate. All their research gold probably was spent on the device and not the delivery!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
that is an iteresting theory... also remember that the great pyramids were originally covered with polished limestone caps. What's the effects on limestone from a nuclear blast? If we could find some of the original caps, they would be able to prove or disprove your dream... if there had been a blast. If there is no sign of a nuclear blast, though, that would not neccesarily disprove your dream,

I doubt we could tell by the remaining caps in the top... if I remember correctly, a nuclear bomb set off on the ground wouldn't torch something up that high, but I may be severely wrong. I'm sure someone else would be able to expand on this a bit further.

One last point, it is rumored that there are chambers below the pyramids, carved into the rock or whatever. Maybe the whole thing was sealed off later down the road, but was used at the time as a bomb shelter.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
perhaps the egyptians were given past warnings of when the day of attack would commence, so instead of having to rush into the pyramids during a sudden emergency, they were able to seal themselves off in the pyramids with time given. Although I do not believe my dream to be true, it's just some fun fantasy thinking. Plus for those that believe that the pyramids were built either by aliens or alien technology, this would be an awesome way to go about it, the greys helping out the egyptians from the reptilians. maybe the atlanteans and atlantis were destroyed for helping the egyptians, a consequence based on loyalty towards mankind.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't think this theory holds much merit at all. What evidence is there that these buildings can house more than a few individuals and where is there evidence that they are designed to sustain these people for any length of time?

Besides why build them out in the open and so easy to hit?

MJ

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Although we often refer to our ideas with out authentic research as therory, they are actually just ideas. Next would come those ideas in the form of a hypothesis. If that shows merit , it goes to the theory stage to which a lot of science is in that stage for years or decades.
Currenty by engineers and physicists there are 5 hypothesis about the pyramid.

1.Time capsule hypothesis
2. Phrophecy in stone hypothesis
3.Observatory hypothesis
4. Machine or Power Plant hypothesis
5.The Weapon hypothesis

I tend to believe it was a Weapon, a Scalar Wave Weapon for defense of Earth by those who built it long before the ancient Egyptians that used them as tombs.

The machine and especially weapon hypothesis is explained in great detail in two curent books by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell www.gizadeathstar.com...

These book are technical in their writings and with graphics and math explained. Most scientific credable info Ive ever found on the Pyramids.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Mj,

you are much closer to the truth. Pyramids were massive energy source/generator.

hey, a large source of energy is a weapon.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
maybe
...they didn't find very many bodies in the pyramids so they might of been used for bomb shelters and not as tombs...there could be more actual burial sites in a new valley of the kings or in the desert... It is big you know

final answer (Its posible)

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm curious here, whose bombs are they protecting themselves from anyways?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I read somewhere as well that the Pyramids could be electrfied when placing a Tesla Coil on it. Possible uses could be electricity within the pyramid if it was used as a bomb shelter during times of war/ bad storms?

They've always said that we could be the dawn of a second generation of humans, that the Ice Age could have been brought on by nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I had a dream that the pyramids were created as ancient bombshelters, for what reason I have no idea.

Well, it's a pretty amusing dream. It's not fact, but it's an amusing dream.

I believe it was said that not even a piece of paper can be sliden inbetween two rocks, could it be possible that the pyramids were created in order to house the elites of ancient egypt from mass destruction?

And then paint the tombs (and there are thousands of pyramids) with histories of the lives of the dead, leave occasional mummies, build chapels outside the pyramids with information about the lives of the dead inside, leave records of offerings made to the soul of the dead person?

Uh... no. It might work as a scenario if you set it on another planet. But the amount of labor that would go into building a pyramid (and the tiny number of people it could house and keep alive for awhile) means you'd have to set your scenario on another planet and make the pyramid out of some high-tech material that was light weight and allowed light to pass inside while you also made provisions for things like water and waste disposal and food.

And there ain't no water sources in the pyramids, you know.

In modern times, people carve into mountains for nuclear security, but instead of carving into mountains, why not build mountains.

Because they would be easy targets. And not as secure as a nice mountain. And it'd take a lot longer (decades) to build a pyramid as compared to digging a nice tunnel/mine shaft.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast
I read somewhere as well that the Pyramids could be electrfied when placing a Tesla Coil on it.

That was derived from the Terry Pratchett fantasy book, "Pyramids."

I've met Pratchett at a few science fiction conventions. He'll be the first to tell you that he made that up.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
if you were going to make a bomb shelter, why would you go through all of the effort to create something as huge as the pyramids with a little teeny area inside them for the bomb shelter? Why wouldnt you just dig a hole into a cliff or into the ground?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
yah i was kinda wondering the same thing...also if the pyramid was hit by an H-bomb it would suck out the air and create a void for a few seconds and then the whole place would be blown apart by a tremendous force...kind of like a backdraft

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moomaster
yah i was kinda wondering the same thing...also if the pyramid was hit by an H-bomb it would suck out the air and create a void for a few seconds and then the whole place would be blown apart by a tremendous force...kind of like a backdraft

Great thread...Moon', check this out. The photo was taken 160 metres
from Hiroshima ground zero. If these buildings can still be upright,
i reckon a pyramid has the ultimate blast deflection angles. Is it
just me, but when i see an image of a F-117 Stealth i see a lot of
construction angles, sort of hard to explain. I dont know squat
about aircraft. Sorry, back 2 the subject

nuclearweaponarchive.org...
And there would also be a LOT of glass within the blast
area around the pyramids.
The raw materials for making glass consist mainly of silica (sand).
To melt the sand to make glass, the furnace has to reach a temperature of approximately 3,600�F (1,982�C).
Because of the presence of iron in sand, glass with a greenish colour mostly results.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Cool theory, but I think they pretty much know what they are all about - at least the main ones. Could be other uses besides tombs that we are not aware of, but just not enough room inside for a bomb shelter - unless it's just for a few people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join