It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA Ancient Egypt Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
NASA and the Ancient Egypt Connection

While reading the new book “Dark Mission” by Bara and Hoagland, I was amazed when I came to chapter 5 A Conspiracy Unfolds. The book delves into the aspect that NASA’s planners for mission times and locations were basing all of it on the Ancient Egyptian religion of Horus and Isis! It started when Hoagland looked closely at the NASA “Apollo” insignia and discovered the three stars of Orion’s Belt forming the horizontal line in the “A”, which as been accepted as representing “Apollo”. Here are just some of the discoveries he made using a program (Red Shift) that shows the location of the stars during major events in the “Apollo” program.
a) The rest of the stars in the constellation of Orion were present on the patch.
b) The “A” on the patch represents not Apollo, but Asar: the Greek name for Osiris.
c) The “communion” that Aldrin preformed in the “Sea of Tranquility” was not done in the Christian tradition, but in the tradition of the Ancient Egyptian custom of paying homage to Osiris (upon study, Hoagland discovered that the communion rite originated in Ancient Egypt in honor of Osiris, and not by Christianity as it is accepted today). What’s more is that Armstrong flew the Lunar Module (Eagle), 5 miles further west from the intended landing site to get to the location of Tranquility to mark this as the Apollo 11 Landing Zone, risking the fuel supply claiming that it was too “rocky”. At the exact time and that the communion rite would be performed in this spot by Aldrin, Sirius (the Star of Isis) would be waiting, directly above the site at 19.5 degrees on the night of July 20th 1969 exactly 33 minutes after touchdown. Waiting 33 minutes after touchdown represents the highest level of Masonry: the 33rd degree.
d) Upon further study of the alignment of the stars at the time and location of landing sites, as well as the names of the missions and the names of the missions and hardware used, such as “Falcon” and “Atlantis” and found unbelievable “hidden meaning” behind them ALL as well as the alignments of "sacred stars" during every single mission!
e) Upon putting in all the coordinates for the time when the very first image was snapped of the “Face of Cydonia” on 7/25/1976, he was amazed to see that the star “Alnitak”, one of the stars of Orion’s Belt, was directly overhead! This implies that those who are really behind the NASA program knew it was there already!
f) When Apollo 8 fired it’s rocket to descend into lunar orbit for the first time on 12/24/1968, “Mintaka”, another of Orion’s Belt was “dead on the horizon”.
There are countless other alignments that were also discovered, too many to mention in fact. One worth mentioning though is the fact that Hoagland discovered that Masonry did not get it’s start in 1717 as is accepted today, but goes all the way back to Ancient Egypt. He also mentions that, because of the importance of dates and star location in the Ancient Egyptian way, he discovered the 10,500 B.C. dates of the Pyramids and Sphinx in Giza as well, based on the work of Hancock in “The Quest for Lost Civilizations” where Hancock was able to use precession to show that all major structures on Earth, including the “Spider” in Nazca aligning with the constellation “Scorpio” in 10,500 B.C.
To me, this gives enormous credibility to the ancient text’s of Egypt as well as how seriously it is revered and followed by those who really run NASA behind the scenes. Hoagland also points out that the Ancient Egyptians, though relating their story to the stars, spoke to the fact that they did not see these deity’s as “representations” of the stars, but were living, breathing beings! Although I fully believe that the ancient Sumerians and Egyptians were right on, proven by their incredible knowledge of the Galactic time-lines and make-up, I am shocked to see this taken as serious by NASA "insiders"!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ForceMaster

Clever people can belive stupid things.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I like the whole Egypt scene, and i can see where your coming from, but i think that its just not all right.

Fox

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I just found it interesting that all these things go together like they do, however, reading the entire chapter from the book makes it alot easier to get the whole idea of where Hoagland is going with everything. The chapters before it are also quite interesting and help to lead up to the implications made in chapter 5. If secret societies have any of the records being kept from the rest of us, they may have information about the Moon and Mars that would let them know what is there before they arrived. Anyway, it seems to be an interesting book.

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
HA!! if you found that interesting, you'll LOVE this.

33 mph is the speed of the shuttle after it has risen 19.5 feet off the launch pad in vertical motion. (boy, we sure planned that one!)

And a few more....

33 degrees is the slope of the shuttle's windshield

33 degrees is the max. approach angle for decent of the orbiter on

19.5 cubic inches is the displacement of salt ice when heated to 33 degrees K

19.5 is the mean Æ product if you take the Earth's weight of 855 Octillion tons and divide by the number of the measurement in feet of one side of the largest pyramid in Egypt.

All from HERE..
SOURCE

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I dated a total of 33 women over the period of 19.5 years. That must make me a uber-Mason with Egyptian connections.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes, this kind of wild symbol/numerological game just goes to show you that you can take just about anything and uncover some mystical significance for it. I'm sure if you worked at it hard enough, you could find some wacky numerological reason for the moon landing to have taken place on 7/20/1969, rather than the more patriotic 7/4/69. Secret cabalistic Egyptian/ Sumerian/ Masonic rituals involved, no doubt involving eating baby eagles or something.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

Hi there timelike.

Whilst i agree to an extent with what you said, I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with "belief" as such.

A "clever" person sees/hears/reads something that interesting and thinks "hmm, well now.....that's ALOT of coincidences. let me just go and check this out..

It has nothing to do with belief (although with SOME it does), it mearly shows that a CLEVER or an "intellectually challanged" person, can 'recognise' a possible mystery when they see one.

If you had looked into this 19.5/33/144/216 business, YOU might find a little intrigue yourself.

We don't run the world nor did we create the universe, so i don't think we should be SO quick to judge what might be silly or not. Just keep ingesting information...

....And ALWAYS keep an open mind.

==================================

On another note.....

More ***Coincidence***??!!??

(And remember, how many "coincidences" does it take before we really should be saying..." hold on...whoa!!".

The number 33 and its variants also have an unusual significance in our space program. 33 seems to pop up everywhere, like the landing site of Mars Pathfinder on "Horus the Red" at 19.5° N by 33° W. The one and only launch pad at the White Sands Missile range where Werner Von Braun and his Nazi co-horts ran the post war V-2 tests was launch pad 33. The landing strip at Kennedy Space Center in Florida where the shuttle lands is runway 33. And on and on. The number is of course the top level of the Masonic Scottish Rite, which so many astronauts and executives in NASA's history are members of.

So the symbolism of "Horus" launching from pad 333 (which just happens to be 3,300 km from Giza)
is fairly obvious. But, as usual, it gets better.

SOURCE

Edit: the "333" in the article above is a misprint on there part....should be "33"

P.S. Force Master, cheers for starting this thread, great fun!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reply to buddhasystem AND Nohup

Both your points a valid, but ONLY from your perception, your 'point of view', which is formed by that which you learn. you obviuosly haven't done ANY research on this subject to come to an "educated" conclusion.

Its like me trying to tell YOU about your job when I know NOTHING of your profession. There IS alot of numerological "coincidences" in this and MANY other areas (ancient civilisations being one).

I would suggest you read up on the subject, but i'm afraid you minds may already be made-up, in which case; you proberbly won't be interested in the subject enough to bother.

But let me assure you (for all you may think thats worth), to those that HAVE looked into to this subject a little, your comments sound like you are ill-informed....which is a personal choice

No one is saying this is "exactly the way it is", but there IS an INTERESTING correlation between this and MANY, MANY other areas as well, and any DOWN TO EARTH, RUN OF THE MILL person when faced with so much as a FRACTION of the data would at least say "hmMMMm".

Sorry to rant, nothing personal.

AoN

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just a thought....

This thread is in the wrong forum, should be in "the RED zone" ooOOoo

ie: Conspiracy/UFOs&Aliens/General Conspiracies etc.

Don't think this is really a "science topic" per se, and thus; getting the 'wrong' sort of traffic... if you get my meaning.

MODS! would you mind moving this thread (if the OP doesn't mind of course)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
No one is saying this is "exactly the way it is", but there IS an INTERESTING correlation between this and MANY, MANY other areas as well, and any DOWN TO EARTH, RUN OF THE MILL person when faced with so much as a FRACTION of the data would at least say "hmMMMm".

Oh, I certainly it is fascinating the way people can come up with all kinds of supposed connections with numbers and symbols. But the meat of the matter comes in when it's time to prove that the connections are actually meaningful, or whether they are random connections and coincidences. You see, looking for and making connections between things is what the human brain does. Like in the Jim Carrey movie, "23." Obsessive numerology is recognized as as a psychosis, and is often a symptom of schizophrenia. When you start looking for numerical and symbolic coincidences, the more of them tend to happen. Not because they actually are happening more often, but because you become more aware of them in your mind.

For instance, it was Apollo 11 that landed on the Moon. Hmm... "11" Oh, that's very significant. In fact, here's somebody who wrote a huge article on the number "11."

www.selfgrowth.com...

But does that mean the people who planned the Apollo 11 flight had all of this in mind? That they had some very important reason for it? That's where the proof is needed.

Of course, one of the last defenses a person has when they have nothing to offer for proof is that, "You're ignorant, and if you knew better and were more reasonable (or open minded) you'd see that I was right." That effectively halts the debate. I win, and you lose. That's how it works.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Reply to buddhasystem AND Nohup

Both your points a valid, but ONLY from your perception, your 'point of view', which is formed by that which you learn. you obviuosly haven't done ANY research on this subject to come to an "educated" conclusion.

Well you presented us with your research and we reviewed it. We are surrounded by numbers. Whatever occult meaning a few of them are assigned in a particular numerology system, you are bound to find them in most phenomena around you. Seriously, (I'm not making it up) I drive an SUV and get approx. 19.5 mpg on the highway, while my wife drives a compact and usually gets 33 mpg. Are we really descendants of ancient Pharaohs? And masons to boot? Her car is red, and mine is white. There is a restaurant at 33 King Street in London, which advertises prix fixe dinners that cost 19.5 pounds -- surely it must be a secret hangout of space aliens and the rest of egyptians among is. "King" also must be a reference to "pharaoh".

Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Again, valid points, and i hope i'm not comming across as if i think i "know everything". Far from it, i'm just very interested in stuff

I understand what you're both getting at, the term used is " data mining", having ONE peice of data, and then pulling other bits of data from else where to fit the puzzle.

I don't think you see the point, again because you have never researched the topic. your only seeing what YOU think it's about.

This isn't numbers flying about all over the place trying to connect them to a million different things. This is a CERTAIN SET of numbers pertaining to a CERTAIN frame of reference where ONLY THEN do they become valid.

You say you have *ahem* REVIEWED
my research and then returned your verdict......I presented NO research, just intersting little factoids that had little or NO "background" as to WHY they might have been intriguing.

All your seeing is 19.5 and 33, and making basic connections with "masons" and such. You don't appear tounderstand where all of this comes from, that they are only significant because they are appearing in SPECIFIC places, SPECIFIC correllations ..with VERY high odds against, and not just once but up to 20 times with regardes to ISS/Shuttle maneuvers.

I WILL put the information up regarding the ISS/Shuttle maneuvers, Although not tonight, i'm very tired, so i'll do it tomorrow. The data is REAL, its all there...times, position of the SPECIFIC STARS RELEVANT. Its all REAL, weather or not its SPECIFICALLY to do with anything "occultic" is open to debate, but the info is NOT. The correllations are waAAaay above what I, or anyone else would call acceptable and/or un-interesting

Remember, its about noticing the data that is consistent andIN THE RIGHT PLACE...at THE RIGHT TIME, its NO different to how SCIENCE is conducted... you only need to be slapped in the face with the data a few times before you start realising that its not "random" and thus..."worth a look at"

AoN

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Remember, its about noticing the data that is consistent andIN THE RIGHT PLACE...at THE RIGHT TIME, its NO different to how SCIENCE is conducted... you only need to be slapped in the face

I dare you to slap me in the face! I will defend myself to the best of my physical ability, which is not insignificant.

Define the RIGHT PLACE. I can claim that I and my wife commute to work along ancient lines of power, all the while accruing gas mielages of 19.5 and 33, respectfully. You can't deny that. I'm pretty sure that Sirius and other stars were in alignment a few times when I was flipping through channel 33 (analog) and into 19.5 (digital).

It's not science. You would be surprised how many of number combinations you'll find when looking at a large text file full of scientific data. Some of them will point to Sirius and some to a bottle of Rolling Rock beer (which has 33 1/3 printed on the lable).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Define the RIGHT PLACE. I can claim that I and my wife commute to work along ancient lines of power, all the while accruing gas mielages of 19.5 and 33, respectfully. You can't deny that. I'm pretty sure that Sirius and other stars were in alignment a few times when I was flipping through channel 33 (analog) and into 19.5 (digital).

I would just like to point out that the number 11, as in Apollo 11, is 33/3, which I think is very, very significant considering the nature of the discussion. Two astronauts, involved in a 33/3 situation, is most assuredly and inexorably linked with 66/6, the Sign of the Beast of Revelation. "Coincidence?" Yeah, that's what THEY would like you to think!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Yes, this kind of wild symbol/numerological game just goes to show you that you can take just about anything and uncover some mystical significance for it. I'm sure if you worked at it hard enough, you could find some wacky numerological reason for the moon landing to have taken place on 7/20/1969, rather than the more patriotic 7/4/69. Secret cabalistic Egyptian/ Sumerian/ Masonic rituals involved, no doubt involving eating baby eagles or something.

Actually, the work was done by Richard C. Hoagland...

The following is a direct quote from Dark Mission by:Hoagland and Bara:

(Paragraph 2, page 215) "According to official NASA history, Neil Armstrong took over manual control and flew the Eagle ‘five miles further west of the intended landing site’ supposedly because of ‘rocks’. In doing so, he nearly exhausted the LM’s supply of fuel, and thus risked the entire lunar landing; just a few seconds more and Armstrong would have had to abort the entire lunar landing and return to orbit."

(Paragraph 4, page 215) "Interestingly, if Armstrong had managed to set down at the original intended landing site, then the stars would not have been right for Aldrin’s little 'Osiris Ceremony' 33 minutes after landing. The place the eventually did land- 'Tranquility Base', as it would forever become known- was the one and only place in the entire pre-determined “Apollo Landing Zone” stretching along almost the entire visible equator of the Moon- Where Sirius would be hovering at 19.5 degrees… thirty-three minutes AFTER Apollo 11’s touchdown, the night of July 20th 1969 (GMT).

So as you can see, there is a very real connection to the date of 7/20/1969!

top topics

join