It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dream Discussion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have had several dreams about actual future events. The dreams are usually about one of my family members. How can this be possible? How can someone dream of a future event that hasn't even occured? Is this a sense that everyone has but hasn't been developed? Any help or assistance, suggesting books, meditation, etc. for this would greatly be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Oh my God! All of these views and no responses! Come on people, am I the ONLY one out there that this happens to. Really.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I made a thread on it on the 8th - HERE.

I didn't follow it through as it didn't really get the reaction and response that I was looking for. It didn't 'take off.' Heh, much like your thread here I can see!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow this is interesting I know alot of people lately that have been having these types of dreams. I have had them ever since I was 7 years old. So I know what alot of my dreams are about now. I actually dreamed when I was 12 that my dad would die and 2 months later he did.

I dreamed about 911 back in 1997 so believe me we can predict what will happen we just need to know how to show ourselves the dates. I usually look for a calender now in my dreams so I will at least know a year or a month. It also is a good thing to right them down in journals so you can go back thru them later on.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algonquin
I have had several dreams about actual future events... How can this be possible?... How can someone dream of a future event that hasn't even occured?

Maybe this will answer your questions?

specularium.org...

It does however raise the startling possibility that the universe causes itself to exist in a certain sense, from within the perspective of the huge 22 billion year closed loop of time, nothing can have a meaningful linear age greater than this and nothing fundamental can have any less of an age, although structures like galaxies, stars, planets and their inhabitants obviously come and go. Some structures such as stars and galaxies do seem to have retained some sort of coherent structure for more than 22 billion years, this does not mean that they have a greater age than the universe, the universe does not have a real linear age, such structures have merely survived more than one revolution.

It misses the bit that "time" is actually "space", and that everything in this universe exists "now"

The implications - most of the things in this world repeat over and over again, in a closed "time" loop. Why most? Because most beings inside this universe just follow the flow, and don't decide anything. Much like "inanimate matter" follows the "laws of nature".

The ancient question of free will... Yes, it exists, but very few exercise it. Thus - it's very easy to dream the "future", and "predict" what "is going" to happen.

[NOTE: all of the terms under quotation marks are quite meaningless, but we don't have better ones to describe what we see]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
I made a thread on it on the 8th - HERE.

I thought it was a very cool thread Arawn, and I still check on it from time to time. It is a fascinating subject, worthy of multiple threads. Your particular thread had a lot of very original stuff in it. Don't lose faith! Keep up the good work!

Edit: Darned quote markup! Now fixed....

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Algonquin

One of things that helps is being more observant in your conscious life, especially to subtle mannerisms, voice changes, and things out of place. A good amount of prophetic dreams can boil down to the subconscious catching something you would have missed if it wasn't shown to you in a dream. As you start getting used to it, you start identifying things like "time markers" that can give you an indication of when or how long the preconcieved event may happen/take place.

Be careful with prophetic dreams, it's very easy to create a more antagonistic situation should you disclose your "vision" before it passes. Make sure to really look into the infinite possibilities of time before choosing to preemptively act on the information you received.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

A good amount of prophetic dreams can boil down to the subconscious catching something you would have missed if it wasn't shown to you in a dream.

This is a good observation and an interesting subject. Years ago, I read a quote that has always stuck in my mind, but try as I might, I haven't been able to find it again, so I'll paraphrase:

Solidiers are on the march in the dreams of the people long before their bootheels sound in the streets.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A very interesting thread and one I can relate to. I don't believe anyone can explain what causes them, but I wonder if it's simply that we are evolving and expanding our latent psychic abilities. Many people have no interest in the subject, and never experience anything that can be construed as a paranormal happening. However, I think if you are interested then the chances are, you can expand on your experience. I believe our psychic intuition centre, for want of a better description, is located in the pineal gland. I have found that meditation is helpful and affirmations can help. Also when you go to bed, close your eyes and stop thinking! That does take a bit of practice as you will either fall asleep or your head will be invaded by thoughts. Persevere. Just focus on what you can see in the darkness of your closed eyes, don't stare on one spot as this will cause discomfort, but do keep it up and you may discover, as I did, that you have images appearing. The rules are simple, relax, close your eyes, look into the darkness and don't allow any thoughts into your head. I hope you will try this, in fact I hope everyone will give it a shot, it really does work and while this may not seem like your topic of prophetic dreams, I truly believe it's the next step up. It worked for me and I hope you will get back with your results. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The OP Seems to be under the assumption that time exists exactly as he/she percieves it. This is not the case. Keep in mind that to different organisms time appears to "move" at a different pace. And to some organisms this is a fluid state that moves between two different degrees.

The way you experience time is not the way time is. Time is, only because you experience motion consciously via the memory.

Have you ever been in a "Fight or Flight" situation and performed some feat which you would have swore you'd never be able to do prior? That's because your subconscious has access to information that your conscious mind is convinced otherwise of. However in times of conscious crisis, or sleep when the conscious mind is overshadowed by the subconscious, these things come out.

There are cues in our environment which our subconscious uses to determine what happens next, long before we are consciously aware of it.

In the end, it's not such a good idea to be so wrapped up in the fact that paranormal activity is occuring. It's a better path to seek to understand the meachnics behind it. It's like the difference between a rockstar groupie and someone who decides to learn to play the guitar.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hi Algonquin.
I am not sure what you mean by time and memory. Do you think it possible that our mind has past memories and future memories, only we are seldom able to tap into these future events and when we do, either by vision or prophetic dreams that we call it prophetic/paranormal? I hope that makes sense to you.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So sorry, I meant my last response to Quasga, Oh shame I didn't see that coming, lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

It would seem going back is common practice(look into Edgar Cayce for good info on that subject), but you can only go so far in to future when it pertains to the global situation, continent, country, city etc. because there are too many variables and unmade choices to consider(even pan-dimensional beings aren't right 100% it seems). I have some astral consciousness theories I'm trying to organize and write up on the subject, but precognition is definitely a skill that can be learned. But just like anything, your dedication and aptitude has a fair amount to do with it. That being said about macro-precognition, personal future on the other hand can go quiet far ahead accurately depending on your situation. In fact it is best to hone your precognitive skills on yourself alone first. This way you know if you made it happen, or if it really was an outside influence on your life that you predicted. If you go out trying to prove all of your "visions" you'll more then likely just end up making an ass out of yourself.

Another thing is that prophetic dreams can come and go without you knowing it too. Sometimes they come as "dream sign" and you wake up remembering some kind of disjointed dream concept not knowing exactly what your subconscious was showing you. Which may later reveal itself as being some random day 6 months later.

Qua - that's a good example of relative time and definitely a good point about understanding the mechanics.

On the subject of time I would add that it helps gauge time as individual events rather then a linear path. Especially when trying to make sense of how your subconsciousness sees "when" something will happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful responses. Time and space continuum......hmmmmmmm! Yes that does make sense as it does directly relate to Edgar Cayce's skills as well, good point Shakesbeer. And by no means am I comparing myself to Edgar Cayce.

I have had several experiences. In 1991 my father, whom I was very close with, was in the hospital with congestive heart failure. He was recovering and was due to be discharged on Wednesday. Tuesday night I had a dream that I was at his funeral kneeling next to his casket, crying. As i looked up, there was a calendar and Fridays date was highlighted. This was a very terrifying dream for me, pretty vivid, in color (I understand some people dream in black and white, I always dream in color). I shot out of bed, sweating, screaming, my wife woke up, I told her about the dream. She said I was just worrying about my dad too much and that he is doing fine. He's coming home tomorrow. Well, when we went to the hospital on Wednesday, he wasn't doing well. Blood circulation in his legs was very bad and the doctor wanted to amputate his legs. Then his blood pressure was dropping so they couldn't do surgery. Next he slipped into a coma, my wife and I were staying with him, very early in the morning thursday, he passed away. My wife was pale, looked at me, didn't say a word. Thats the short of it.

Just recently, my wife (same woman) had lost her wedding ring. She didn't want to tell me but after two weeks she did. She tried to make light of it by saying that maybe I could use my psychic powers and find it. I did. Hehe. I had a dream that the ring was on the carpeted floor, only three rooms with carpet, the rest are wood or tile. It was near a wall with alot of dust. Well, we found it in the closet, behind the shoes, with alot of dust bunnies around.

Now, those are just two examples. The only thing I can think of is that these subjects are on my subconcious and it helps me connect to them when I have dreams about them.

Or maybe just the time space thing?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

So would dejavu go along those lines as well. I understand that dejavu means that you are on your "correct" path. Is that right?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Those are interesting experience for sure, it seems these types of things happen with some kind of frequency to some of us. I've had very similar experience and have "sensed" the death of 4 family members myself that all of them came in different forms. Definitely a sobering sensation to have to come to grips with.

As far as deja vu, I can't say I know what it is, but there definitely seems to be a correlative association with anything to do with "time." I've noticed that a similar sensation to deja vu hits me when I encounter dream synchronicities or when I realize them in their conscious form. Kind of hard to explain quickly without going into a long dissertation on dream sign.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algonquin
Oh my God! All of these views and no responses! Come on people, am I the ONLY one out there that this happens to. Really.

Nope, it has happened to me too in the past. Usually they involved me in the middle of a tough school test lol! But I've also had some weirder ones that felt incredibly real, but there was some symbolism involved.

Ever tried to protect little hawk chicks from an army of hungry cats? O.O! no I wasn't on drugs or anything. It was bizarre to say the least but it felt incredibly real too. Apparently the dream was telling me to protect some great future financial project (the hawk chicks) from female influence (the cats)... yeah I know... I need a rest lol!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Originally posted by Quazga

In the end, it's not such a good idea to be so wrapped up in the fact that paranormal activity is occuring. It's a better path to seek to understand the meachnics behind it. It's like the difference between a rockstar groupie and someone who decides to learn to play the guitar.

I agree 100%. My question then would be how do I learn to play the guitar? Can you give any suggestions. Are there any books to help with this? What IS the proper way to meditate? Anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi, just thought I'd add my own experience.

I have had, and continue to have, precognitive dreams.

However, mine are never about "meaningful events."

For example, I dreamt I was in a college class, with a teacher who was Serbian. In my dream, she was discussing masturbation, and I even heard her name (no need to say for privacy reasons, but it was very distinctive!)

This occured about 1 year before I went to college. Sure enough, I had a writing class with a teacher from Serbia, with the same name, and some kid brought up the topic of "auto-eroticism" in class!

Many times I have dreamed of typical events that had one odd characteristic about them, thus I remembered them. It could have been a unique name, a particular (unknown to me) location, etc.

I cannot control these precognitive events, and I never know how far in the future they will be-- months, years, weeks.

In regard to Deja Vu meaning you are "on the right track", that is a concept espoused by a few individuals. Sylvia Browne brings it up quite a bit, however, she is an outright fraud (please see stopsylviabrowne.org).
Some theoretical physicists have put forth the theory of "Many Worlds" meaning that for every possible choice you make in life, there are infinte possible outcomes-- and every possible outcome occurs within its own reality/timeline. Thereofore, you could simply be tapping-in to a future timeline.

Of course, it may mean that you are living the life you are destined to live, or making the best choices for your life as being affirmed by your Deja Vu.

I'd like to think that I'm fullfilling my destiny... As long as I can be a good dad, follow the Golden Rule, and play my guitar, Ill be happy!

I'm not really sure where to point you for guidance in regard to possibly developing this "skill", though. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you haven't really looked into dreams, dream sign, and their meaning before, I would highly suggest getting acquainted with the archetypal dream signs as well as identifying your own. A couple of a good websites that give a general contextual overview of dream sign meaning are www.dreammoods.com and www.soulfuture.com These are not end-all-be-all definitions, but it seems there is a universal aspect to these types of dream signs that helps connect our consciousness to that of everyone else as well as to give us an indication of where dream concepts cross over into waking-reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join