It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New poll: U.S. more ready for black prez than female one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

New poll: U.S. more ready for black prez than female one

latimesblogs.latimes.com

A new poll just out from CNN/Opinion Research tied to Martin Luther King Day today finds blacks and whites optimistic and pretty much in agreement -- 84% whites, 78% blacks -- that a lot or moderate progress has been made toward the civil rights leader's dream of equality in American society.

The survey's numbers show that Americans are more ready for a black president than a female president.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that Barack isn't 100% African and Hillary isn't really a female, this poll is pretty accurate.

The CNN poll today shows that 72% of whites and 61% of blacks believe the country is ready for a black president. That's up from 65% and 54%, respectively, two years ago.

But asked if the country is ready for a female president, blacks and whites both are in agreement; they're less sure -- only 63% of both whites and blacks answer yes. That's up slightly (from 58%) for whites but down among blacks from 67% since December, 2006.

I don't know why they poll 'blacks' and 'whites'. Why can't it just be Americans?

This election is going to be decided on a race and sex card, mark my words.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I don't know why they poll 'blacks' and 'whites'. Why can't it just be Americans?
This election is going to be decided on a race and sex card, mark my words.

Duh. You just posted a poll showing what African Americans and Caucasians think about race and gender in terms of the presidency, and then you wonder why people talk about it.

Because people notice differences, that's why.

I note from your various posts about the three leading Democrats that you never accuse Edwards of playing either the "sex card" or the "race card." He has both a race and a gender, but they don't seem to be an issue for you. Why not?

join