It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm assuming that the one picture of TU24 is just an example of a known asteroid named Ida which also has a moon called Dactyl.
Another thing which is confusing is how can this asteroid be in two places at one time? Is there a comet and and asteroid?

pds.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
On 30 January 2008 an asteroid has a good change of hitting Mars. Asteroid 2007 WD5

Strange coincidence.

Great, cue the "OMG!!111 its an alien attack!11" comments

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I'm assuming that the one picture of TU24 is just an example of a known asteroid named Ida which also has a moon called Dactyl.
Another thing which is confusing is how can this asteroid be in two places at one time? Is there a comet and and asteroid?

pds.jpl.nasa.gov...

Nope... the one you refer to passes us in November i believe..... was past us b4 they saw it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Interestingly though , that one is due to hit Mars 30 Jan, whereby this one will hit 28 Jan.

Mars has 75 to 1.... we have 50/50 chance if ya believe the bookies.

all in all a great weekend for the punters

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Good eye, aleon1018!! The image of TU24 shown in the YouTube clip and the image of Ida from the NASA site are the same. The author of the YouTube video (www.tu24.org) is either pulling our leg, or using the image of Ida as a reference (in which case they should have mentioned that).

I took a screenshot of the YouTube video and the pic of Ida, and put them side by side for comparison. Check this out:

[edit on 1/20/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't buy the 50/50 chance. If it were that close there would be more signs.

Look at it this way the Comet Holmes event along with this event is an educational warning to be prepared.

Now we've learned a few new things - a plasma discharge can screw us even if we won't be hit, with all we know a NEO can still sneak up on us in 3 months or 3 days without our being aware of it & making a media event out of something that might not happen could possibly be worse, so it's better to not let the sheeple know as even if they did there's nothing we can do for everyone anyway and if nothing much happened nobody wants to take the blame for the damage for nothing.

Now, I'm going to check my escape pack to make sure my supplies are up to date - just in case.

Hope this has no connection to the latest ufo reports. That would be pretty messed up if they were hanging out to observe the event - then again maybe they'll push it out of the way with their electro magnetic pulsed tractor beam.

Just wondering does anyone know how best to prepare or avoid plasma discharge damage - just in case?

[edit on 20-1-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja in reference to post by aleon1018

Although it's a good catch, I don't understand why anyone would ask the question when obviously it was easy to find picture for reference in making the comparison as was the fake Sears tower & the unknown tunguska rock.

There was no time to send a space craft to take a picture, so what do you do draw one or use something similiar and put it up next to a known object close to it's size and then stretching or resizing the objects to the same length for comparison.

I think this is a no brainer & a waste of bandwidth making an argument about the obvious. Almost like saying it's only two inches on my screen - how can it do any damage to the earth?
Or it's almost as big as the Earth on the JPL tracking chart, they must be lying about it's true size.

Come on people - get a grip! Charts are supposed to make it easier to visualize or conceptualize something they are rarely literal.

I guess it's okay to point out (good eye indeed), but making it a possible conspiracy is too much of a reach for my blood. Let's move on.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

I rise exactly that question in this older topic about the same Asteroid,and the same problem,,but nobody have give importance to what i sayed, soo, i give up...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
...from a forum about said object:

How would we know if TU24 will upset the Earth electrically, without touching the Earth?

Look out for: Unusual weather days before the arrival of TU24.

In an electric solar system electric currents flowing between the solar plasma and the planets are the primary factors driving Earth’s weather patterns. A minor electrical disturbance of the Earth, due to the intrusion of a charged body, could trigger earthquakes, in the same way that electrical sunspot activity influences earthquakes.

The Earth’s atmosphere forms the dielectric of a capacitor with the two "plates" of the capacitor being the Earth and the ionosphere. The asteroid's electrical disturbance will cause pressure pulses in the atmosphere before and during TU24's arrival. (Note: a giant ionospheric disturbance accompanied the magnitude 9.3 earthquake of December 26, 2004)

In the electric solar system, the planets and all comets and asteroids have plasma sheaths that isolate them electrically from the solar plasma. When two plasma sheaths "touch", the two bodies "see" each other electrically for the first time. Thus, the sky will glow.

www.tu24.org...

Since I posted the above a few days ago the PHA list has been updated. Asteroid 2007 TU24 is now calculated to be 27% closer to the orbital path of the Earth.

the MOID for TU24 is now 0.00098 AU instead of .00124995 AU. This means that the asteroid is calculated to reach a distance of 146,000km of Earth's orbital path.

But wait! This page claims a distance of .00096 AU. (This website is the Catalina Sky Survey, the astronomers who discovered the asteroid.)

They already know what the Earth's orbit is going to be. Obviously, they don't know that much about TU24. How could they possibly change the MOID but keep the same miss distance? Are they saying the asteroid will be 27% closer to our orbital path than previously calculated but somehow maintain the same speed and distance as in previous calculations?

What will the next update say?

www.tu24.org...

From a NASA site, there's a couple of 'unknown' fields, that I don't like since there's only days before passing; also, like the person on the aforementioned site says, there's an odd science at work here, a couple of locations are set to view the object only days before it's close approach? Both of these topics are cited in this link:

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Read my post above yours. This is exactly why I made my comment, so we wouldn't get too far off subject. I guess it's fruitless at this point - I'm done spoon feeding.

Time to find my rock drawing tools for the wall in my cave,
(if you don't get it yet continue) since my notebook battery is going to run out and I won't be able to plug in again.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
it's interesting, no doubt about it, but when the end of january comes nothing will happen at all. if it was even remotely serious it would have been on the news frequently.

umm and what would they say ? " hey there will be a asteroid impact that might cause world wide catastrophies(SP?) , we cant do anything about so just letting all of you know"

Imagine the panic and the riots as people prepare for the end of the world (even if the asteroid only hits with minimal damage to climate/earth) and try to maintain peace and a stable goverment after that

So no , I dont belive that even if there would be a 100% chance of an impact that we would get any news on this ..

At least thats what I would do if I were a smart politician that wanted to keep his job after that

Edit: No saying that there is a conspiracy and that this thing will hit earth , just trying to show the wrong type of thinking about this

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Thill]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Apparently the asteroid was at a distance of 0.045AU on Jan 14 and the next day it was at 0.038AU.

www.sciforums.com

Just letting you guys know.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

www.godlikeproductions.com

Numerous solutions indicate an Earth impact.. Here is the latest regarding this unfolding catastophic situation
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't see anything to support this claim, or the title of the thread "Nasa Concerned".

All observations indicate it will pass at approx 1.4 Lunar distances or around 334,000 miles. If you bought a brand new car and set out to drive that distance, it would take over a year and you would probably need to replace the car by the eighth month. It's not what I'd call an "unfolding catastrophic situation"..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well I am not ready for this if it happens. But it may explain those new air raid sirens they have started putting up all over the place. We have now counted over 17 of them in a 40 mile area. So something is up. And I know it doesnt have to do with the Nuclear plant they only go out 10 miles and do them, and these are much further then 10 miles from there.

But as for me being stock piled for goods I am not at this time. But I still have some time to get some things together. Just in case. But either way I will make sure I have an emergency kit handy for that date. One never knows. I will keep my eye on the skies for awhile but I wont be out there when its 20 degrees looking up.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Dude, go outside & watch the sky?

LOL I live in Australia (Southern Hemesphere), If that thing hits, I'm as good as dead!!!

Hell, I'm gunna go out & get Laied this weekend!!! Bugger standing there doing nothing but just watching the sky!!!

Actually, its a good thing the area I live in is littered with old mines that go Deep, deep under the mountain I live on...!!

Afew 1000 Square meters of Solid rock might atleast offer some protection, Gunna take the GF down there, shag all night & all day & see what happens...lol

Hey, even if nothing bad happens, atleast I would have seen some sort of action...hehehe

[edit on 1/20/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Right now it's at .0503. What's the scoop with that? Why is that figure fluctuating up and down? Is it that this thing is too small to get an accurate reading or something?

[edit on 1/20/2008 by Anatomic Bomb]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Anyway, if this thing dose do a near miss, and a bounce back for a full frontal hit, atleast it would have slowed down a little on the rebound.

That might offer a slight reduction in the impact. Not by much, but anything is better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is the first thing in a while i've even bothered to reply to, checking out the nasa website:

2007 TU24
2007 WD5

Now with the dates of expected passing/impact its a bit concerning at the least.

I am honestly suprised that this isn't on the news.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by illuzian

Well, what hurts more? A sucker punch or one that you know is coming?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's a pitty I'm Agnostic.

Hell I could go for a bit of prairing right now...lol

This is prolly the first thing in many, many Doomsday events that actually has me very worried.

If it hits the ocean, expect a tidlewave about 800ft tall to crash ashore on every major Southern costline.

If it hits land, it's not exactly a planet killer, but just the same, expect a mushroom cloud as large as the state of Queensland

Well, I'll just say my goodbyes now...

Hope a few 1,000,000 square meters of solid rock over my head can afford some protection, cause I'm headding down one of the newest, most stable mine shafts in my area on the day.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by Ironclad]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join