It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Man Strategy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Good concept for hiding in plain sight. However, should you be one of the few with supplies in an urban or sub-urban area, wouldnt it make more sense to work at protecting what you have instead of hanging out with the locals? Granted, if you do need to move among the hordes who arent prepared, then by all means, do not flaunt what you have, look and act like the rest until you can get out of there.

In the more rural areas, where there are simply fewer people (fewer threats) and some if not most are somewhat prepared, blending in would mean far less.

Every survival thread on here has a constant theme, get away from the cities. If you are stuck in one, when you need to, get out at any cost. Protecting what you have will eventually prove impossible in an urban area no matter what you do in order to fit in. If you have it, and can get out with it, do so as quickly and quietly as possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I first heard of the Grey Man Strategy from a book that Andy McNab wrote. As he was SF I guess they probably took it from the dark days of WW2 when parachuting into occupied territory needed the subtle approach.
I makes very good sense for lone wolfs and small groups who aren't very well armed.
For the Star-Child types with a militia then the 'clunking fist' approach might work better.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

What excellent advice!!!!!

I remember watching a documentry on holocoast survivors and one question that was asked was "How were you able to survive when so many others perished"?

All of them gave "the Gray Man Stradegy". They "blended in", they "didn't stand out" because once you stand out in any way shape or form you pose a "threat" and were eradicated.

I don't know if there will be any place to hide.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Lloyd45, you have some really good points, but i have to agree with Salchanra with this. You and i have discussed this before, you need to get the hell out of Dodge. Stay out in the wild for 4 to 6 months, and DO NOT go back to any cities with populations over about 10,000 people. The time period out in the wild will eliminate the weak and fat people who have no real chance of surviving, and the ones who cause trouble for the others just trying to survive will most likely be ganged up on and killed.

And the invite is still open to come here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join