It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Cockpits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Check this out. How cool is this?

www.codeonemagazine.com...

When clicking each of pictures of aircrafts, you can see the full view of the cockpit inside. From what I read, I think every cockpits were probably designed by Lockheed Martin and its heritage companies.

EDIT -

Oh, and some of the cockpits look complicated as hell, too. Or most.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

If you enjoy photos like that Theo I have to recommend Cockpits by Donald Nijboer. He has 2 books out at least that I know of and they are all high quality shots including some rare aircraft as well. That and his sister way back when was my english teacher lol

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ah I see, well I don't think I knew that, thanks for your input, Canada_EH.

Why do cockpits have to look all complicated and stuff, though? I mean, driving a car isn't that complicated, right? So...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I actually like the cockpits here; just because the photos are nice and large. All the avionics are distinguishable. A great learning tool as well, if you read any of the avionics and systems theory concerning the field of aviation:
www.airliners.net

search: cockpits

here is a sample image

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cockpits are actually set to get less complex. All sorts of future proposals for cockpit layouts in aircraft to come point to the evolution of "black cockpits," where there's only a few screens that tell the pilot exactly what he/she needs to see.

top topics

join