It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash of blue-green light/disappearing stars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I live in Costa Rica atm, and I hear from people about all the weird stuff that has been happening over here.
Most recently the guy that filmed that ufo on his cell phone... which was all over the news for weeks.

This happened around Dec 15th if I remember correctly.
It was about 3:30 in the morning. I woke up randomly at that time, and went outside on my open veranda (10th floor) to smoke a ciggy.
It was very clear, no clouds lots of stars.
It was really weird, I was just looking out into the cities (I can see prob 20 miles out with my view) and there was a large flash of blue-green light up in the sky...

I have never seen anything like it. I thought maybe a light pole or something might have exploded which can make a weird color like that.
But realized it was too large of a flash in the sky that it couldn't have been anything terrestrial.
So I started looking up, trying to find what could have made that flash and couldn't see anything but stars.
And you know there are always some large akward stars in the sky (not planets)... Some of them started disappearing.. ever so slowly just fading away (one point Mars started fading aswell). I woke up my girlfriend and grabbed my Meade ETX-125 telescope to try and see if I could have seen anything weird infront of them, but they were too far away, I couldn't see anything.
One by one they started disappearing.
I just stood there watching for 45 mins, when suddenly they all lit back up.
It was the weirdest thing.

Never saw it on the news and never heard anyone talk about it.
It wasn't a dream cause my girlfriend saw it too...

Has anyone ever heard of this phenomena? Beats me!

join