It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You And I Are Connected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You, my reader, exist in an impenetrable world.

Within your mind, you and your universe exist isolated and alone. Nobody will ever experience the world you live in. Nobody will feel the things you do. Consider: your hopes, fears, passions, dreams – these things are trapped within you, never to be fully revealed to anyone else. You live in total solitary confinement from the moment of your birth to death.

Now consider: I connect to that isolated universe through this message. Astonishingly, your isolated universe and mine are momentarily joined across time and space. Two universes collide, through a mechanism we take totally for granted, to the point where it seems barely remarkable. My universe, in all its vastness and detail, connects with your own fully developed universe at THIS MOMENT. How weird! How amazing!

This connection seems so unlikely, and yet so obvious, that all other paranormal discussions seem trivial, and quite believable.

Why does this system exist? To what purpose?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Everyone are connected to each of us.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm disconnected. Yet I'm still here.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just an opinion here, but I look at it like resonating.

If you're ever in traffic, and have your turn signal on, watch the car in front and eventually both traffic signals will flash at the same time for a specific length of time, then lose their synchronism.

Perhaps our minds work the same way, regardless of distance?
think about the following phrases:
"great minds think alike"
"we are on the same wavelength"
"you and I write songs with the same chords"

It's just a matter who/what you happen to resonate with.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You, my reader, exist in an impenetrable world.

Speak for thyself...

new topics

top topics

join