It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone 'Tsunamis' Triggered Huge Explosions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yellowstone 'Tsunamis' Triggered Huge Explosions

www.foxnews.com

Though much has been made in recent years of a possible eruption of Yellowstone's "super volcano," geologists studying the park have long said that the likelihood is greater for a large hydrothermal explosion.

Morgan said that over the last 14,000 years there have been 20 hydrothermal explosions in Yellowstone that mostly left craters bigger than football fields.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This study is saying that the super explosion at Yellowstone isn't going to happen. If you have been listening to C2C you may be a believer that we are soon to be goners so not to worry! At least not acc. to this study and there will be only smaller hydrothermal explosions producing football sized craters.

Finally we can rest easily!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well if Fox news says so, it must be true. I am glad we can all rest easy now. Fair and balanced as always, Kudos to you Fox!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
This study is saying that the super explosion at Yellowstone isn't going to happen.

I assume you meant to say eruption, it doesn't say it isn't going to happen just that the "likelihood is greater for a large hydrothermal explosion." So an eruption could still happen, it's just not as likely as a hydrothermal explosion.

Originally posted by plumranch
there will be only smaller hydrothermal explosions producing football sized craters.

That was football field sized craters. In any case I wouldn't want to be standing to close when/if it happens.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hi Karl,
Not a Fox News fan? TryExplosions, Earthquakes, and Volcanic Eruptions—What’s in Yellowstone’s Future? .
Oh, and lets hear it for Oregon! I'm wishing I were down there rather than up here freezing my..... lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-1-9er

Hi SG,
Thanks for pointing that out. Combination of too late and in a hurry. Correct in both cases. I thought is was worth getting out the info as C2C had us expecting to worst. They've had several shows about it now the last couple of years.

top topics

join