It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona takes aim at migrant 'drop houses'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Arizona takes aim at migrant 'drop houses'

news.yahoo.com

State officials are picking new targets in their efforts to stop illegal immigration in Arizona: the "drop houses" where human smugglers hold customers until they pay up.
Gov. Janet Napolitano, addressing the opening day of the Legislature on Monday, said the state should go after property managers who knowingly rent homes to smugglers.
"Strengthen the law, so we can get to that middleman," she said while offering no specific suggestions to hold rental agents accountable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Governor was discussing this topic on NPR today and I was a bit amused.

Not that its important, but she has a very very deep voice...Gotta check for the adams apple eh?

Anyway, she wants to incriminate people helping immigrants gain access to this country illegally.

While I do not support amnesty, we shouldn't have an immigration policy that essentially forces immigrants to come in illegally.

They are not given much choice in the matter as we've made immigration so difficult, especially for people with very little to no english language skills.

I see the day workers on one particular corner every day trying to find work. The Minute Men harass them quite a bit as well.

No one is offering any solutions to the problems in Central and South America.

What is making these people come here in the first place? Could it be that their countries are in very poor shape due to our economic policy as well as trade embargoes (see Cuba, Venezuela?) to name a few.

Republican state Rep. Russell Pearce, the Legislature's staunchest advocate for tougher immigration enforcement, said he intends to propose a bill that would target the assets of people involved in immigrant smuggling.

"If they are knowingly harboring illegal aliens and facilitating drop houses, they should lose everything they have," Pearce said.

Yeah Pearce, you're heading in the right direction. Dumbass.

A few classmates of mine were teaching an English as a Second Language class to immigrants and their whole class got deported.

These people are trying to do their best to feed their families, and who can blame them?

We are all immigrants to this country. Every single one of us, even 'natives' if you subscribe to the land bridge immigration theory.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join