It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI wants instant access to British identity data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

The US-initiated programme, "Server in the Sky", would take cooperation between the police forces way beyond the current faxing of fingerprints across the Atlantic. Allies in the "war against terror" - the US, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand - have formed a working group, the International Information Consortium, to plan their strategy.

Biometric measurements, irises or palm prints as well as fingerprints, and other personal information are likely to be exchanged across the network. One section will feature the world's most wanted suspects. The database could hold details of millions of criminals and suspects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What does all this mean?? "Server in the Sky", all these countries sharing that information about it's citizens with one another? I don't know what this means, but many fear a "one world government". Is this a step towards that, or what does everyone else thing??

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Already exists.

Google "ECHOLEN"

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Already exists.

Google "ECHOLEN"

Actually I think you meant "Echelon". Echelon is used for SIG-INT, the collection and analyzing of global communication traffic & signal intelligence. This article is referring to something different, specifically a biometrics database that could be shared amongst many nations. Not saying I agree with it, but there is a poignant distinction here.

brill

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

www.guardian.co.uk

The US-initiated programme, "Server in the Sky", would take cooperation between the police forces way beyond the current faxing of fingerprints across the Atlantic. Allies in the "war against terror" - the US, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand - have formed a working group, the International Information Consortium, to plan their strategy.

Biometric measurements, irises or palm prints as well as fingerprints, and other personal information are likely to be exchanged across the network. One section will feature the world's most wanted suspects. The database could hold details of millions of criminals and suspects.

I saw this in the paper this morning on the train....im not up for it, i live in the UK and ive been unfourtunte enough to expriance both sides of the law.

But all this we have your DNA your iris,your palm prints, your finger titties' etc etc .we dont need it . ..Who wants to live in a -."dont breath sucker". socity?.. ...its easy to say"blah" "blah" "blah" .we dont break the law so we wont go to jail...............Try telling that to your CHiP.

anyway ill get back to you on this

[edit on 15-1-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i dont agree with this either it dosent take much to become a suspect even if only for a short period of time after which your released and told " nope your story checks out , my bad" and next thing you know some intel agent around the globe has access to your file.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I cant wait see this one world government... as long as it is a peaceful and fair one

join