It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion Poll: 'Rods' - are they real??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
After all of the years that this subject has been floating around the sci-fi media, and on the internet - What is your opinion on the 'Mysterious Flying Creatures' - AKA 'RODS phenomenon.?

Is it real? Its it a well-intentioned mis-identification? Or is it 'hoax'?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Of course its real. Its pointless to fake a bug flying past the camera when you can actually film a bug flying past the camera. That'd be like Animal Planet making motion captured 3D rendered mating monkeys instead of filming real mating monkeys.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that they are real bugs, at least those that I have seen.

I think that in most cases is not a hoax, or even a well-intentioned mis-identification, just wishful-thinking and not real identification.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
They are real.....bugs. About a week or so ago the History Channel ran an episode on Monster Quest regarding these rods.

www.history.com...

A professional cameraman ran a sychronized time controlled experiment using a standard video camera and a high speed video camera at the same time. The standard camera caught a 'rod' right away...when played back on the high speed camera...and the winner is...a moth.

It's all in the camera....case closed for me

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The objects are real, and even the people filming them usually have good intentions. It's just a matter of shutter speed / frames-per-second that creates the anomolies / confusion IMHO.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I saw this on the History channel also. But if this is the case, than why don't typical UFOs also look this way in a streak or rod form on vidoes?
Another thing is that these appear in much larger sizes and throughout history in much older photo processes. The ability to streak or elongate a flying insect in such a way seems like typical photographic effects. These rods also show what appears as wings or spirals in appearance. I think there still needs to be more investigations.

The one cave video and it's lighting of this lime green rod seems to stay consistent throughout the video. Don't most rods almost seem translucent, white or gray? The other thing that was mentioned of the cave video was that it apparently didn't make any sound or even attract his attention. Maybe this one may have been edited in?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Asa photographer / videographer for 30+ years I have to admit it's great timing and marketing that made rods famous. Other than that it's just the camera.

mikell

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Rods are a camera phenomenon not a real species or moving craft from alien worlds etc.

Evidence: easily replicated using same camera procedure, rods are the same relative size irrespective of what distance from the camera they are supposedly at.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Check out the website on this one -

www.xenophilia.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think the Xenophilia report of the witness who encountered a living UFO back in 1980- the disc / lenticular monster with the lamprey mouth, the sky fluke call it what you will- that report is worthy of separation from the rod hoax and standing alone as a reputable report of SOMETHING.

top topics

join