It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensationalist Media Did Pentagon's Bidding in Fake Naval 'Provocation' with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sensationalist Media Did Pentagon's Bidding in Fake Naval 'Provocation' with Iran

www.alternet.org

..the ships were never in danger ... they never believed they were in danger, and that they were never close to firing on the Iranian boats...this is the heart of what actually happened, which was never reported by the US media...it was blown up into a semi-crisis by the Pentagon and that the media followed along very supinely...this is perhaps the worst -- the most egregious case of sensationalist journalism in the service of the interests of the Pentagon, (and) the Bush administration...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.tehrantimes.com
news.yahoo.com
news.xinhuanet.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...
Iran shows video of navy standoff
U.S. ship fired warning shots at Iranian craft

[edit on 15-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Check your brains when you click on the tube or pick up the paper.

Be sure all systems are functioning and ready, willing and able to filter through the Main Stream Media hogwash.

Consider what entities own and wholly determine what it is that's "reported" as "facts."

It's becoming abundantly clear that the MSM are nothing but boot-licking flunkies to the Bush administration/Neo-Con agenda for a NWO.

"Liberal" media my keister!

It's a good thing for us all, that the cooler heads of the finest Naval force on this blue marble, are calling the shots on the front lines, and not the elite owned, arm-chair, draft-dodging war-heads, in their "undisclosed locations."

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i'm still trying to determine if MSM
is in collusion with the execuitive branch, thus approaching the 'fascist' label...

or are eager reporters just repackaging propaganda for job-security ?

is this 'airing of dirty laundry' episode in hopes that the public will 'forgive-&-forget'... i just cannot come to a decision of just what's going on,
maybe it's all just noise to fill the airwaves and news screens

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think the former of your conclusions is the acurate one.

If this was only a "once-in-a-while" thing, then maybe it could be thought of as protecting a job. But when constant news stories are just re-hashed propaganda from the US administration, its a little hard to believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Personally, I'm more inclined to agree with your second point.

I don't think that there's really much "true" investigative journalism being pursued by anyone employed by the MSM anymore, at least concerning what the US government or it's various agencies are doing.

If it's not approved under the agenda advanced by their employers, it's quickly buried and never sees the light of day.

MSM "reporters" have devolved into simply being robotic mouthpieces for the party line.

The true collusion lies with those who call the shots.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by goosdawg]

top topics

join