It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yenaldlooshi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yendaldlooshi is the Navajo term for skinwalker, witches and sorcerers who have the ability to shapshift into various types of animals an thus 'walk' in their skin.
Clyde Kluckhorn included several references about skinwalkers in a book published in 1944 titled 'NAVAHO WITCHCRAFT'. The following quote is one:
'A man said his grandfathers brother was a skinwalker who always acted strangely. People around him sickened and died. One night the grandfather followed him. The skinwalker went to the graves of twins and dug them up, taking out some of their brains. Then he cut off the whorls of their fingers and toes. Then he robbed the grave of a rich man. The skinwalker then went to a cave where other skinwalker coyotes and wolves were disappearing into a hole in the canyon wall. The grandfather spied on them and saw 20 skinwalkers with their hides off, around a fire. They had made a sandpainting of a wealthy man. Using bows made of human shin bones, they shot turqoise beads into it while they sang. They spit, urinated and defecated on the sandpainting. Soon the rich man died, and the skinwalker started hanging around village girls. The grandfather decided to kill the skinwalker. At the first opportunity, he called the skinwalker close to him and shot him with an arroe throughone eye, killing him.'
I am curious to know if other members know of any more recent stories of skinwalkers, whether first hand personal accounts or otherwise, that they could post as replies to this thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'd like to know how to kill one.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
I'd like to know how to kill one.

But why? O_o

Are these witches and sorceres supposed to be 'evil'?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I can answer your question and you can confirm it with any Navajo Elder you wish to ask.

I spent 5 years working in AZ leaving in 2003 to come home to the UK (planning on returning) i had many friends both Navajo and Hopi still do, i heard many many stories of the Yenaldooshi and what they where and how they came about, i can even tell you how one is destroyed, getting to do it is another story however, I was always warned to stay away from a place called tucker flats wash near Winslow AZ because of the evil that roamed that area but being from the UK and never doing what others tell me to do i had to go and see didnt i?

After several visits to the wash and not encountering anything out of the ordinary other than an escaped Condor and a lot of coyotes i became somewhat complacent and cocky with myself but i was soon to regret,

On the night in question i went to the wash and sat as i normaly did on the edge watching the stars smoking and relaxing listening, when something came over me like a fear ive never encountered, enough so it became obvious that it was time to go and quickly, i stood up to leave when i heard noises coming from out in the darkness and i noticed it was moving around me in a huge circle, never one to let anything get the better of me i convinced myself it was just a coyote stalking me hoping i was food, but then i heard it come from above then behind and in front in a fraction of a second like whatever it was had jumped from one place to another to where there was another animal for it to use, i went for my jeep which was only about 50 yrds away, as i got to within maybe 10 yrds i felt something warm on the side of my face which made me jump,

I put my hand up turned on my torch (flashlight) and had bllod on my fingers, then i had the same feeling on my lips same again it was blood, i saw a shadow right in front of me which scared the crap out of me when it came right up to me in a milisecond it was black tall and i dunno whispy? it grabbed me and whispered in my ear what it was going to do to my mother, my daughter etc, im not going to ever repeat those words as long as i live, it played with my mind in ways even in my worst nightmares i couldn't imagine

i dont know how long it did this for but i ended up with blood coming from my eyes, nose ears, like it was licking my face and leaving the blood as it did because later i had no wounds just blood, after it played with my mind and me it threw me a good 50 ft straight backwards, when i stood up it was gone and i dont know where or why just that it wasn't there anymore, i was so scared to move or walk, eventually i managed to get to my jeep and leave,

When i goome i wouldnt tell my partner what had happened and wouldnt sleep for what felt like the whole night even though i did fall asleep eventually, the next day i told a friend of mine about it who was Zuni he took me to the second mesa to see a lady called marna or something similar to that, she brought in a shaman friend of mine who took me to a local kiva where he sang the songs of the ancestors while marna circled me with a dance and salt, after a long time he explained to me that i had come across a yeneldooshi that had been summoned but not completed its task,

He explained to me they are summoned by black magic to enflict revenge upon enemies, but to the sumoner it is dangerous because the revenge has to be justified and that if it wasn't the yeneldooshi will return to them and kill them, he told me the only way to destroy them is to follow them back to where they where summoned and let them become aware of the person who had sent it out and so turn the tables on the sender, he said this is the only way to ever get rid of one or destroy it,

He also told me never to stray into the path of one again even to try and kill it because i would always come off worse, he said you need clansmen to drum for you while the task is one which can take days or weeks, you need burning sage and saltbush from the home of the sender, he said after the demon has done its deed it will head back to where it was born that is where it must be followed because if the sender is not there to close it off it will be free to roam and do as it wills.

What i can say is please be very very very careful and be sure what you do, it is not to be messed with for anything, it will make the biggest of men go insane, and anyone associated with you anywhere in the world.

All i can do is promise you with my soul i speak the truth non of this is made up i swear on my soul may i die this second if what i have spoken is a lie..

Be careful please.

PS no god will help you here either this is beyond that.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't know if there are any recent books dealing with skinwalkers, but there is one book written by Clyde Kluckorn titled 'Navaho Witchcraft'(Cambridge, Massachusatts, Harvard University Press. 1944) that was listed in a book I have called 'The Encyclopedia Of Vampires, Werewolves, and Other Monsters' by Rosemary Ellen Guiley (New York, NY. Checkmark Books. 2005). I would like to know if there is anyone here at ATS who can refer me to more recent books on the subject of Skinwalkers.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Go over to the unexplained mysteries forum and do a search for skinwalker. There is a person over there that has first hand experience, is married to an Indian and living on their reservation. That family has had run in with skinwalkers.

However, you will find that there is nothing supernatural about them. They prey on your mind first and that's how they get you into a vulnerable position.

I think I actually linked it in another thread here. So you could even search skinwalker here.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by jbondo]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Thanks for the info tip, jbondo. I'll check it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. For the longest time I haven't had anyone who as able to give a solution to how to get rid of a skinwalker. They say mentioning the name Yenaldlooshi or skinwalker draws its attention. I've done so and possibly have drawn the attention of one, but my will is stronger so far. The thing is I haven't been able to get it to leave me alone, just hold it at bay. A lot of it has been like dealing with most demons (as I understand it has worked for me, anyway), how they feed on fear and such. So, does it go back often, or just when the task is complete?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Great topic Wally & great story Azzllin. I had a nice thread on the skinwalker ranch a while ago. Its always been something ive been very interested in.

heres the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-1-2008 by jonSUN]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jonSUN

I don't think the skinwalker ranch has any connection to skinwalkers. In fact, I don't think they should have even named it that.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
reply to post by jonSUN

I don't think the skinwalker ranch has any connection to skinwalkers. In fact, I don't think they should have even named it that.

Thats not what i have read in the past of accounts from local indians.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Skinwalkers are real, dude. My best friend's cousin was chased by skinwalkers while he was staying in a cabin. I can't remember which state this took place in, but he was from Utah. The guy was a Mormon, so he didn't do drugs, didn't even drink soda with caffiene in it, was very level headed (except for being a Mormon).

Oh and also, the skinwalkers were chasing him while he was speeding away in a Jeep on a road in the middle of the forest at night.

Later that same night, skinwalkers surrounded his cabin and started shreiking at the top of their lungs and banging on all the windows and doors and walls, and they did this on and off all night until daybreak finally came.

I can't even imagine the trauma that would leave a person with.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Skinwalkers are real, dude. My best friend's cousin was chased by skinwalkers while he was staying in a cabin. I can't remember which state this took place in, but he was from Utah. The guy was a Mormon, so he didn't do drugs, didn't even drink soda with caffiene in it, was very level headed (except for being a Mormon).

Oh and also, the skinwalkers were chasing him while he was speeding away in a Jeep on a road in the middle of the forest at night.

Later that same night, skinwalkers surrounded his cabin and started shreiking at the top of their lungs and banging on all the windows and doors and walls, and they did this on and off all night until daybreak finally came.

I can't even imagine the trauma that would leave a person with.
After a few hours, I think I'd grow used to it and be more annoyed than anything.

top topics

join