It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: We Report -- Even if We KNOW It's False - PROOF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think the title here more than a little misleading. If you read the link, it's stated that FOX thought it had an infalliable source and that Huffington was misleading them.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
WTF???
How did this thread get derailed into a partisan politics bickering match? Oh wait, that is BY DESIGN! Designed to ensure that the sheeple cannot sit still long enough to relaize that they've been had!

Additionally, and I say this with the utmost kindness in my heart, some people need some training in reading comperehension! PAUL BAGALA RESPONDED TO FAUX NEWS - NOT HUFFINGTON!!! Jeeeeeeeesh! The very man, accused by Faux of joining the campaign, refuted the report HIMSELF! HE contacted Faux to set the record straight and they ignored him outright - TERRIBLE journalism (I have an even more difficult time terming it as such as it amounts to propaganda, not journalism)!

Further, I am a Conservative (The REAL type - not the Neo-Republican type) and I can honestly attest to the fact that Faux is NOT, and never will be, fair or balanced. You can take it to the bank! There is NO such thing as "Fair or balanced" news anymore - not in the traditional sense. The public school system has completely eliminated "Critical Thinking" curriculum and exercises from it's agenda. This is to ensure that the continued brainwashing, distraction and obfuscation continues unabated and unchallenged and apparently it servicing it's masters wondefully (As evidenced by many responses in this thread).

People, I ask you, NO - I BEG YOU - to please, please, please open your ears and your eyes and view ALL news sources with the same type of skepticism you would a UFO or BigFoot report. Our future freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness depends on your very ability to avoid guzzling the Kool-aid and following along as the sheeple that this cabal so counts on.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you want to do something productive . You can always boycott there sponsors

www.debone.com...

Here's a list of Fox News Sponsors to boycott until support for dishonest "news" (propaganda disguised as news) is no more. Write/email letters to these and local sponsors letting them know of your disinclination to buy from them while the shows they sponsor continue dishonest practices.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It continues to boggle my mind that people here on the boards could decide for themselves the truth about subjects they are constantly lied to about (UFO, NWO, etc.) but still at the same time be made a fool of by Faux Noise and the rest of cable "news". Fox is NOT fair and balanced, plain and simple. Despite the fact that literally all of cable news, Fox more so than the others, is de facto State-run Media, they still feel like THEY are ones getting the real news. Wake up people. If you're watching TV (or reading the websites of the cable news companies), you aren't getting the news. You are getting infotainment. The TV will never show you what is really going, I don't care what network or what side of the political spectrum they claim to represent. The "Liberal vs Conservative" is divide and conquer, plain and simple. Truth is the only path, because in truth, there can be no disagreements and these petty issues such as immigration and welfare will go away. The TV will never show the truth, because for people who control it, truth is the enemy. Not Republicans, not Democrats... truth and anyone who tries to tell it is the enemy.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Santeria
Fox is NOT fair and balanced, plain and simple.

Sure they are, plain and simple.

Despite the fact that literally all of cable news, Fox more so than the others, is de facto State-run Media

They are NOT state run media because if they were, they would not report any negative stories regarding the current administration. Lord knows, they currently try and link anything negative towards the Bush administration whether its warrented or not.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Oh, I'm sooooooo sorry - they've gotten to you.

The whole ruse is to APPEAR "fair and balanced" - not actually BE fair and balanced. If they were an outright propaganda network they would lose their credibility even with the dumbed-down masses. So, if they can pull off the act of being objective, then their propaganda is all the more effective.

How can you honestly go on defending this network when dozens of examples have been presented in this thread that clearly demonstrate their bias, subjective propaganda peddling? On the other end of the spectrum is CNN - not an objective "news" reporting network either.

Fox's slogan should read: "Faux News: We Decide What We Report" instead of "Fox News; We Report, You Decide" - that would be the most honest reporting ever to transcend their broadcast frequency.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Oh, I'm sooooooo sorry - they've gotten to you.

Don't be sorry for me. The only person you should feel sorry about is yourself for believing the extreme liberal propaganda.

The whole ruse is to APPEAR "fair and balanced" - not actually BE fair and balanced.

So how is it a 'ruse' when they give the 'other' side of a story.

How can you honestly go on defending this network when dozens of examples have been presented in this thread that clearly demonstrate their bias, subjective propaganda peddling?

Nothing in this thread proves anything. Instead of watching little clips from liberal sites and this thread, you should try and actually watch it live and make a decision for yourself instead of others thinking for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oh and 4thdoctorwho.. is the guru in clear thinking and objectivity rising to the occasion of possibly 10th grade level classroom commentary...Where's the puke bucket?

people come on here offering up evidence to back up their claims and all we get from this guy is empty baseless drivel...ie: blah blah blah blah the liberals, blah blah blah blah, little liberal clips, blah blah blah blah, fox news is the best, blah blah blah blah, if only you would watch fox, blah blah blah blah, liberals are bad, blah blah blah blah....

Hey, next time bring something to the table....we have been watching that ridiculous channel, and thus have formed an opinion we back up with facts as to why it's infotainment rather than news. If you don't have anything to contribute that can be backed up with some supporting facts, don't post, you take up space, waste everyone's time, and in general make a fool out of yourself.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
And im sorry to original poster for getting off topic due to trolling .

No apology needed. I'm just getting caught up, and enjoyed myself immensely reading your debate. All that, and you didn't even cut anyone's mic

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
its so frustrating when "THEY" control everything including us,
and we are powerless

Hi Maya, That's what they want you to think because if you do, you may stop trying.

I realize that with your experience, it's more than just about distant news. ATS (or maybe other inet discussion boards) might not be the shock and awe of Fox, but by exercising our right to expose and discuss real stories the way you and others do here, people get educated.

The more people who actually get educated, the more truth can spread. I think the key is to contribute research as time permits as a lot of people have done on this thread (thanks!), help people who don't get it yet to get it, and call BS on those whose aim is really to misinform.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by America Jones
Perhaps there's some humor to be found in the fact that MySpace, which is owned by Fox parent company News Corp., censors links to any websites ending in .info. Perhaps...

Really?!?! Do you have any proof of this? That sounds like an interesting story on its own.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
well i thought that most of the network was owned by the bush family,

Hi Zerbot,
I don't believe that's the case. I'm not aware of and haven't heard of any Bush family ownership of Fox. Of course, I can always be wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Thanks for the report Plum. Maybe Fox can really claim that in some specific news-only segments (not O'Reilly, etc.), they aren't more biased than the other major networks.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
reply to post by lifestudent

www.projectcensored.org...

Thanks for the pointer CPYKOmega. So their pioneering the way for other news organizations to safely report false stories as well. Always doing their part!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I thought this video was pretty good. Watch as the Fox news guy gets squirmy when the truth hurts.This guy was dead on when he told the viewers exactly what they are watching...hehe

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Hi CaptGizmo,
That was hilarious, and so true! Someone with the cajones to say the truth on Fox. I thought they always put the high risk guests on satellite or in a separate room.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thought I'd give you this little comedic internal view of the republican network.

Just last night I went out to dinner with an old friend who was working for Roger Ailes when Fox News first launched. Back then the motto was We Report...You Decide. Anyway, this friend of mine is no longer there and we were talking about the party for the launch and the network and whatnot and someone brought up that old tag line. My friend said that it was a source of internal comedy as they all knew how ridiculous it was. He said that when they launched in Boston they all thought they should use a new motto. "We Report....You eat clam chowder."

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
To Crakeur,
Thanks for that comedic history. I'm not surprised by that at all, as I'm sure Fox is well aware of what they're doing. Besides, you can sure get great clam chowder in Boston

I think it's also worth a quote and agreement with Mindless about something productive that can be done. If anyone saw the "Censored by Google News" thread, this is how it's done. This is how the moral majority started their clamp down on independent media, and it is how groups continue to control what is MSM vs. Independent, by going after the money.

Originally posted by Mindless
If you want to do something productive . You can always boycott their sponsors

www.debone.com...

Here's a list of Fox News Sponsors to boycott until support for dishonest "news" (propaganda disguised as news) is no more. Write/email letters to these and local sponsors letting them know of your disinclination to buy from them while the shows they sponsor continue dishonest practices.

And just in case anyone missed that really funny clip posted by CaptGizmo (put your stars about 3 posts up if you want), here it is:
www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by lifestudent]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join