It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes in Sun's surface to bring climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
>>Today, the Space and Science Research Center, (SSRC) in Orlando, Florida announces that it has confirmed the recent web announcement of NASA solar physicists that there are substantial changes occurring in the sun’s surface. The SSRC has further researched these changes and has concluded they will bring about the next climate change to one of a long lasting cold era.

www.spaceandscience.net...

>>When asked about what this will mean to the average person on the street, Casey was firm. “The last time this particular cycle regenerated was over 200 years ago. I call it the “Bi-Centennial Cycle” solar cycle. It took place between 1793 and 1830, the so-called Dalton Minimum, a period of extreme cold that resulted in what historian John D. Post called the ‘last great subsistence crisis.’ With that cold came massive crops losses, food riots, famine and disease. I believe this next climate change will be much stronger and has the potential to once more cause widespread crop losses globally with the resultant ill effects. The key difference for this next Bi-Centennial Cycle’s impact versus the last is that we will have over 8 billion mouths to feed in the next coldest years where as we had only 1 billion the last time. Among other effects like social and economic disruption, we are facing the real prospect of the ‘perfect storm of global food shortages’ in the next climate change.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nice Find Black Projects!

This is some really scarry stuff!

I have always felt that the sun has more effect on our climate than anything man can do short of nuclear war!

This coincides with the new solar cycle which is suppose to be very strong and could impact our satelites.

Well you gave me another paranoid reason to stock up on food, water, ammo and gold!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you said that it is a new reason to stock up on food. I am this year starting to grow my own food and use a dehydrator to keep some of the stuff in storage. I also am starting my canning this year since home canned foods can last up to 10 years. So I better really work on it big time this year.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I guess Al Gore and the IPCC will have some fancy foot shuffling to do on this one 'eh?

Maybe they will have to admit that they aren't as clever as Bono and the other superstars gave themselves credit for.

Perhaps their position is simply wrong like a number of us commoners have always thought.

Could it be that the scam is about to come undone?

One can only hope!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I found some additional information, Cycle 24 is going to be very active and may cause communication disruptions. Also, to those into DXing (listening or watching long distance radio and television) this cycle will bring some of the best DXing opportunities!

Cycle 24 will be followed by a very week Cycle 25 which should peak around 2022. I noticed on the chart Cycle 19 was big and Cycle 20 was small and I remember some bitterly cold winters in the midwest in the 60's and 70's, but very hot summers!

Here is the full link and it was the last update before the one posted by Black Projects.

Cycle 25

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This stuff has already been discussed here in detail.

The 'Space and Science Research Center' appears to be the fantasy of some kook in florida, and nothing more than a NASA flea.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The thing is, with enough energy capacity (not relying on solar power, of course) any level of ice age can be overcome. The earth has quite a bit of geothermal energy. And if we can generate energy on our own (nanocapacitors and nanogenerators come to mind...there is always ambient vibration to use) we can grow and tend food underground.

There is enough know how on these forums to make it happen, i think. If not, there are a few individuals that come to mind that could make it work.

Regardless, the research is going on as we speak:

A New Nanogenerator

Now researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) have taken the first step toward building a nanogenerator out of barium titanate. So far, efforts to make nanogenerators have focused on zinc-oxide nanowires. But barium titanate could lead to better generators because it shows a stronger piezoelectric effect, says mechanical-science and engineering professor Min-Feng Yu, who is leading the research at UIUC. Lab experiments show that a barium-titanate nanowire can generate 16 times as much electricity as a zinc-oxide nanowire from the same amount of mechanical vibrations, he says.

Materials science is becoming more and more adept at creating more useful material composites. 16x what was previously done is a pretty significant breakthrough. Yeah, these are on a small scale. But what if you dedicated the same amount of space as Google does its' server rooms? How much energy could these nano's generate then? What happens when they take the next step in the materials science evolution, and can generate higher current levels?

Over the next several years you should see some outstanding breakthroughs, like the direct conversion of light into electricity. I guess the clock is ticking now, though?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

So judging by that graph next one is about 2012.....couldnt write this stuff lol

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
Sounds to me like you said that it is a new reason to stock up on food.

Hilda

Re:there is no point in going overboard in stocking food unless you live some place where no one can find you-----because when others are going hungry---- law and order will break down as it did in st louis after katrina.

you'll end up with a mob coming to your house looking for food if anyone notices that you dont look malnourished if they have seen you out in public.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Do you think that the whole reason why they didnt send aid to new orleans is that it was a giant test to see what will happen in large urban centers when catastrophe hits us all? Just a thought but maybe they allowed it to happen because they fear the end may be near.

new topics

top topics

join