It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenbank & Sugargrove & AT&T

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I saw a special on KOCE-HD about greenbank and its research. The telescope they use is looking for signals as low as .0000000000000000000000001 Watts in order to track pulsar's. The telescope is so powerful that the people in the neighboring cities cant even own microwave's or cell phones because they put off to much interfearance.

But here's whats funny, at the end of the review on this amazing radio telescope she talks about sugar grove & AT&T. I wish I could have recorded it for you but its in HD and I cant record that.

Here's my notes from the program which showed the facility with super high power zoom lenses from 4100 foot "redish nobb" hill in the trees.

She's got "the guardian of the quiet zone" and he says they cant talk about sugar grove but its mission is different than greenbanks.

Then she finds someone with details, sugar grove was built in 1959 by the NSA to exploit listening to the moon for radio transmissions bounced off it from other countries.

The original design was proposed with a large radio dish for that purpose but was never built, instead there's currently 6 smaller dishes that don't point at the moon. I could not tell which direction but they all were elevated only about 40 degrees in whatever direction they were pointed in.

There was a medium sized radio telescope pointed straight up.
There was a massive dopler radar dome.

Hardlinked to the AT&T "downlink facility" 10 miles away which has a half dozen of the largest fking downlink dishes I've ever seen, again all pointed in 1 single direction, facility was only secured by chainlink and had what looked like a wooden shack. Dishes had AT&T printed on them.

Her "expert" says the AT&T center is a spy facility. He says the AT&T dishes are powerful enough to pickup communciations all over the world which is why sugar grove's dishes dont need to be as big as they are just for domestic spying. Sign outside is plain road, says "Sugargrove, Unincorporated" nothing more. Sign on gate says something about department of the navy but the favility is operated by the NSA.

Thats all I could gather. I looked on here and info on sugargrove is sparse.

Anyone got anything to add?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by serial

Hi there ,

good post, Here is a site all about it :

eyeball-series.org...

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I spent 6 months TDY there at Sugar Grove in the late 90's. I loved it there. It's and outdoorsman's paradise there, if you're into that.

Here's a newspaper article on it, mostly from the local's perspective...

www.roanoke.com...

join