It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair accused of taking blood money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Blair accused of taking blood money

www.blacklistednews.com

It is the first of a series of posts that could see the former prime minister rake in a staggering £40million....Tory defence spokesman Gerald Howarth said: "It will be viewed with some contempt by the armed forces that he picks up this large cheque when he was happy to send British troops into battle ill-equipped and in insufficient numbers."...Mr Blair, 54, who said he wanted his career after No.10 to be of "real purpose" rather than "just about doing a job", is already reported to be earning hundreds of thousands a month as an after-dinner speaker.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is typical wouldn't you say. A ton of dough for doing nothing. And he wants to have a life of significance. What a joke. I wonder if he and GW will go into business together as a duo of after dinner speakers. That would be a great comedy act!!!

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So what, he should have turned the job down?

It's kind of normal for ex PM's to do the after dinner speech thing. I can't recall one PM leaving the post that didn't make money in whatever they done afterwards.

Clever spin turns his post at JPMorgan into some conspiracy of sending his troops out to battle in return to make money off their deaths. It didn't happen like that, and while another post would have been more fortunate for his reputation, it's a job someone would have had to have done, Blair or no Blair.

And despite what you or I may think of the man, if people didn't want to hear him speak I'm sure they wouldn't pay him to..!

new topics

join