It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the decline of the dollar be the catalyst for a world currency???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi guy's, I was just pondering this the other day when I came across an article that touched on it it. It talks about Fred Bergsten's new proposals concernign the increasing decline in the value and confidence of the Dollar, and how this was in essence a re-worked version of an early idea spelt out by John Maynard Keynes. In which he layed out the idea of a One world currency called Bancor. Apparently he suggested this at the very birth of the IMF, but the idea was unpopular with other countries and was eventually dismissed.
The link to the article is below:

thehindubusinessline

I hadn't really considered that plans had already been devisd for a world currency, let alone that they were now being discussed again with renewed enthusiasm.
Could it be, that the decline of the dollar is instead of being an organic problem that evolved without coersion, is instead a carefully manipulated system that was enginered to be so intrinsicly linked within the wider world economy that to remove it would require the creation of yet anougher default currency in order to provide a platform for the worlds economy's to operaste with.
It appears that both the Euro and China are potential candidates for this rather dubious honor and as a result both seem to share some trepidation with regard to taking on the mantle.
Could it be then that a new currency will be established controled by central banks or the IMF (to be honest I'm not really to knowledgeable with regard to that aspect. apologies.) If acomplished, surely a One World Currency would be a rather worrying step toward the greater prize of a Oe World Government. It certainly makes me think, it would be interesting to hear your opinions.

regards,

Mal,

[Mod Edit: Link format - Jak]

[edit on 13/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Malacalypse23

absolutely. I happen to think that the decline in the dollar due to all of the discount rates was designed to do just that: push us towards an Amero.. which will eventually combine with all of the other "eros"

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply scientist, I always thought that because of the worlds dependence on the dolar as its reserve currency, the removal of the dollar would require the creation of anougher world currency not mearly a currency for America or the NAU or whatever the merger will be.
Or would it be more sensible to use an existing currency, such as the Euro and broaden its worth in order for it to fill this void?
I'm fairly uninformed on this issue, but I find it very interesting, and worth watching.
Regards,

Mal,

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The currencies I believe are a mere mask of the existing control by the international bankers, those same men descended in direct line from the greatest enemy the colonies faced when they first struggled to become "these United States".

Whenever the mask of individual currencies is removed, be sure it will be long after the fact of a unified currency has already occurred. The Bank is very much an accomplished illuminoid.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If there is a World Currency, and if it were the Euro, consider this.

The dollar is going the way of the Peso.
The Australian dollar and Canadian dollar have all but caught up with the dollar and probably will surpass.

The Euro is doing quite well, and will not be going the way of the Peso.
So if an economy that is going down hill and eventually reaches poor status, adopts the Euro...no one will have it anyway as they cant 'afford' it. Not the clearest how Im putting this, but anyway.

peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
But... currencies are all based on lies now. So really- shell 1, shell 2, shell 3- it's just a shell game.

Humanity has exchanged the literal slavery of the ancient world for the impersonal slavery of perpetual debt and manufactured scarcity.

The USA is and has been since inception one of the lights of the world. Now the bankers are doing their best to realise their long held scheme of putting out that light.

1913 + 50 = no more JFK
1913 + 100 = no more nation states

Lightning is crackling over the Capitol. And no longer is it the case that people say "it can't happen here."

None dare call it treason.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Malacalypse23

There is one reason why they wouldn't want to go all the way to one world currency, namely, that one big insider way of making money has always been trading in various national currencies based on your ahead-of-the-pack insider knowledge ( like the Rothschilds when Wellington beat Napoleon, for example ).
But they definitely do want to erode US sovereignty, and the excessive pretence of annoying rights that we Americans dream we enjoy, so I would think that it's a current policy to torpedo the greenback in favor of the amero, and then go from economic to political union as Europe went from the Common Market to the E.U.
What I'd sure like to see is a whole deregulated mess of private currencies, like Bruce Sterling mentions in passing in HEAVY WEATHER, anonymous fungible digital, backed by banks ( like I seen some Japanese bank, I think on Antigua, they were issuing a million dollars on a cash card, use it at any ATM, lose your wallet and you are so out of luck ), corporations and crime syndicates. This would be the financial equivalent of the decline of the nation-state and the rise of the supranational corporation or supranational crime syndicate. With the elimination of a governmental monopoly on money issuance, the alert little guy could benefit from the competitive effects of the marketplace.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

By moving to an official one-world currency the battle moves from "money" to commodities. Things that are currently priced, like coal, uranium and copper. And things that are currently commonly seen as free. Like air, water and human life.

In addition to monetary banks let's never forget that there are chemical and industrial banks soon to be joined by the first of many elemental banks- the carbon bank.

With patented life and enslavement of the air we breathe, the end game approaches.

Although personally I think they'll lose.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
None Dare Call It Conspiracy

A little light reading of an unusual sort.

I work directly every day against banks, recovering illegal fees for people.

This is a book worth reading.

A video worth watching is Money as Debt.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And also- despite right wing extremists pointing the finger at the left and vice versa... International bankers are the only common thread in all these finger pointing exercises.

If an AntiChrist pops up like Christians expect, to find his Ten look no further than the CFR and its buddies.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I live in Europe where we already have a common currency, the only thing that changed when the Euro was implemented were prices, everything got more expensive as a result of many shopkeepers and businesses using the opportunity to make a substantial markup of their goods and services, I live in Spain and its quite hilarious to see a large segment of the older population still
doing their reckoning in Pesetas, talk about making things difficult for yourself.
I think the reason we will not have a common currency for a while yet, are the possibilities inherent in manipulating economies through their currency status.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Eh I think the a one world gov could be good if done for the right reasons.
All this nationalistic BS is just keeping us from getting over the differences.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Please, in all seriousness- give me some reasons for supporting a one world government.

Please make one of them a case for having a single currency if you also support that.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Please, in all seriousness- give me some reasons for supporting a one world government.

Please make one of them a case for having a single currency if you also support that.

co-sign. please list examples.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

It's quite simple really.
We are one spieces and nationalistic (I'll use this word-->) stuff is one of the MANY BS excuses mankind uses to take what he wants from those around him.
I quite simply believe most leaders prefer to have us divided and fighting amongst ourselves. It's much easier to control a group of people when they have a precieved enemy that is soooo much different (usually by exagerating said differences) than them and thusly plenty of excuses for going over and taking by force, rather than play games and dupe them which may or may not work. Of course my thoughts go deeper than this but I am lazy. So shoot me.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't know if it's a symbol of an oncoming one world currency, but my dollars aren't worth crap here in London. It's expensive as hell and I thought I was making a good living.

If we did form a single world government and currency, I doubt it would help much though. I'd just get less in my check than someone in the UK would for doing the exact same job.

But whatever. I don't really care anymore about a one world government, as long as it's a happy and nice government that allows us to remain truly free, and doesn't kill off 80% of the worlds population.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Exactamundo

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well the most obvious is, no more nationalistic rethoric, no more war,
no more illegal immigration, live freely where you wish, same law for all and the same currency and economic status will slowly equalize the differences in the quality of life for everyone. Is that so terrible ?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starstuck

Whoa people actually agree with me.
**blinks and manages to look confused**
Kewl.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Isn't that what the United Federation of Planets is all about? I may be a Star Trek geek, but it seems like a pretty decent future. What are the drawbacks anyway?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join