It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver Tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet, so I thought I would share. Yesterday a tornado touched down in the Pacific Northwest. It didn't do very much damage and no one was hurt, but it is very unusual for something like this to happen here.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

It isn't the first time though. Another one touched down in 1972 and did a lot more damage.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Methinks these out of place tornadoes are happening more often because the Earth is getting wetter and stickier. Meanwhile the tropical belt is expanding so these tornadoes may simply be migrating further up north of the usual spot. Maybe. I'm not sure about that one.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Oregon and Wash get little tornado's every now and then.

A few years back there was a small twister set down in Springfield, OR. It tore the roof of some sheds and threw trash cans about.
Unusual for one of this size round these parts though.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It really seems that up is down and down is up when it comes to the weather! heck we just had a week of warm weather here in Ontario when were usually feeling minus 20 degree weather instead it's plus 14, it's been weird. Then there's Florida that just got a freezing that i've never heard of. I think were in for alot more weird weather accurences as global warming goes along, just hopefully with not too many losses of life.

top topics

join