It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Kucinich Calls for Recount in New Hampshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Dennis Kucinich Calls for Recount in New Hampshire

youdecide08.foxnews.com

CONCORD, N.H. — Democrat Dennis Kucinich, who won less than 2 percent of the vote in the New Hampshire primary, on Thursday called for a recount to ensure that all ballots in his party’s contest were counted.

He cites “serious and credible reports, allegations and rumors” about the integrity of Tuesday results.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
dailykos.com

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Using rumors as a basis for a recount doesn't seem too credible. But if there was any wrongdoing, I hope it is revealed. My own opinion is that voter registration rolls should be thoroughly vetted, given the large number of same-day registrations that occurred.

youdecide08.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Good news.. brings more attention to the fraud

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I consider myself a news junkie of a sort and I've not seen any mention of this on any of the 'morning shows'

Is this being squelched?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Well, I first heard about it on Fox & Friends First (6AM - 7AM show) so I don't think it's being squelched. It's also reported in much of the print media.

It's not really that big of a story, anyway. The only suspense was, which of the losing candidates cried Recount! first.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The funny thing is that the Democrats are staunchly opposed to requiring photo IDs, in order to enter polling areas, as it would "adversely" effect the ability of its constituency from voting. They talk big talk about voter fraud, but are opposed to measures that would help prevent it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by pavlovsdog

It's not really that big of a story, anyway. The only suspense was, which of the losing candidates cried Recount! first.

he isnt calling for the recount because he thinks he would have won..

DETROIT - Democratic Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, the most outspoken advocate in the Presidential field and in Congress for election integrity, paper-ballot elections, and campaign finance reform, has sent a letter to the New Hampshire Secretary of State asking for a recount of Tuesday's election because of "unexplained disparities between hand-counted ballots and machine-counted ballots."
"I am not making this request in the expectation that a recount will significantly affect the number of votes that were cast on my behalf," Kucinich stressed in a letter to Secretary of State William M. Gardner. But, "Serious and credible reports, allegations, and rumors have surfaced in the past few days...It is imperative that these questions be addressed in the interest of public confidence in the integrity of the election process and the election machinery - not just in New Hampshire, but in every other state that conducts a primary election."

This recount isn't about who won 39% of 36% or even 1%. It's about establishing whether 100% of the voters had 100% of their votes counted exactly the way they cast them."

www.newsobserver.com...

even though i wouldnt vote for him, he is fighting the good fight and i comend him for that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Democrat Dennis Kucinich, who won less than 2 percent of the vote in the New Hampshire primary, on Thursday called for a recount to ensure that all ballots in his party’s contest were counted.

Bolding mine

This is the key "propagandized" part. It's obvious that FOX is propagandizing the story because common sense would tell anyone with, well common sense, that Kucinich wouldn't be doing this for his own vote numbers. In the minds of the weak that comes off as Kucinich being a poor loser, when in reality Kucinich is making a statement against the voting process itself, more importantly the lack of tangible proof a voter has to prove who he or she voted for should a future recount be necessary.

Peace

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
according to a report on "morning joe" on msnbc this morning a official said he can have the recount but must pay for it himself. isent that a lil bit insain there are allegations of fraud and they say the canidit can only have a recount if he pays for it .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"Candidates who lose by 3 percentage or less are entitled to a recount for a $2,000 fee. Candidates who lose by more must pay for the full cost. Kucinich's campaign said it was sending the $2,000 fee to start the recount."

edited to add link and relevent qoute

[edit on 1/11/2008 by krill]

[edit on 1/11/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Common sense isn't so common...

So, let's see...

He lost miserably in Iowa and NH. Future prospects are bleak. There is no chance that a recount will affect the original outcome for him.

But! he is doing this for the sake of the voting process! and "more importantly the lack of tangible proof a voter has to prove who he or she voted for should a future recount be necessary"!

So why not lobby for paper receipts instead? What will this recount accomplish, other than to bring some kind of attention to Kucinich's failing campaign? It's obvious nobody is hearing his message - whatever that may be - so he may as well be remembered as the candidate that fought for clean voting? At least he won't be totally ignored.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is an article on the recount, Kucinich will have to pay $67,000 for the NH recount.

Another interesting tidbit unknown to me, a Republican also called for a recount, who?

Albert Howard that's who.

I say again who?
j/k

While the article spends most of the time on the integrity of the votes and Kucinich's fee it does not mention Howard's fee for the Republican recount.

So until fees are paid the recount is in limbo.

Local officials confident of tallies

As the N.H. Secretary of State’s office gears up to begin a recount of last week’s primary on Wednesday, many local voting officials agree: Whether taken by man or machine, results in their precincts were accurate.

Losing candidates Albert Howard, a Republican, and Dennis Kucinich, a Democrat, asked for the recounts, questioning the validity of the results. On the Democratic side, some voting patterns showed a discrepancy between ballots tallied by machine and those tallied by hand.

ed:bbcode

[edit on 1/15/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's the cost of both recounts:

It would cost Howard, $57,600; Kucinich would pay $69,600.

www.wmur.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Democratic Recount to Begin Wednesday

Kucinich has ponied up $27,000 of the fee so that recount will begin, the Republican who requested a recount has not arranged for payment.

www.wcax.com

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Secretary of State William Gardner says his office is set to begin a re-count of New Hampshire's Democratic presidential primary.

top topics

join