It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghosts Of Shiloh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am a somewhat new ATS member and hope I am placing this post in the right area.
One of my most memorable moments with Ghosts came when my mother and I had traveled down south back in April of 1995. One of the places we had stopped to visit was the Shiloh Battlefield in Tennessee. The whole area was well kept and everything was pretty easy to find.
We had quite an experience with Ghosts at the Battlefield. The first was right where the battle had started when a Union Patrol ran into the advancing Confederates. My mother and I were talking with this couple from England about the fighting over the course of two days. For one reason or another, we just stopped talking and listened. We heard nothing to start. Then, from a short distance away, we could here the wind rustling through the trees. It started out low, then seemed to pick up speed. It then swirled all around us before sweeping torwards what became known as 'The Hornets Nest'. The way it sounded, it was like the souls of all those soldiers who had fought there were fighting the battle all over again just for us. I know it couldn't have been for more than just a few seconds, but it seemed like a couple of minutes went by before we all said collectively:"Holy S**t". For the rest of the tour we took, my mother, the English couple , and I, all we could do was talk about how the wind rustling through the trees had actually sounded like weapons firing and soldiers yelling.
My mother and I talked about that on occasion from then right up until she passed away back in 2005. A shared memory of a bizarre, Ghostly, incident.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow that must have been a crazy day. Now you say all four of you had the exact same experience at the same time?

perhaps you all zeroed in on a wave where you all had a tiny glimpse of what happened during that battle?

Perhaps you all just picked up a residual memory of someone who fought and died at that battlefield or perhaps the collective of more than likely many entities that reside forever in that moment in time.

pretty cool

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the experience OP. Gettysburg is also a huge spirit hot spot. Felt a huge presence there even at eight.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes, all four of us had the same exact feelings and thoughts right at that very time together. We must hav, as you say, tapped into the thoughts of at least one soldier, if not many , who had fought at that battle. I think maybe it was someone who maybe felt cheated out of some life who just hangs around at the battle site, not wanting to leave our realm.

top topics

join