It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best gases that can be excited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I've been working with microwaves for a couple weeks now, still waiting to get some lead to take radiation precautions, and i was wondering if anyone has any experience with turning elements or compounds into plasma.

Ill be using the microwave coil to excite the atoms, and electromagnetic fields to contain/propell the plasma after it forms.

And as jpm1602 points out, im not the best speller.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Bob Sholtz]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's gases, unless of course you ate all the refried beans with your meal. Oh yes, you will find some propel all right. I just hate poor spelling, my apologies.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
It's gases, unless of course you ate all the refried beans with your meal. Oh yes, you will find some propel all right. I just hate poor spelling, my apologies.

You just couldn't resist to do that joke could you? I know all about it as I was thinking the same thing...

At any rate. It's an intresting topic. I find it intresting the plamatiation and scientific aspects of it, but I have no use for wepons.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I know, I'm a sh^& eternal. I just can't help myself sometimes. My apologies to good spellars everywhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I understand that under high compression, Plutonium gas does some very interesting things. Interesting and loud.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hee Hee Hee hee,
Try a batch of bad New Zealand giant mussels at the amish realm watering hole off rt 422. I made my dog throw up, and the greenish fog should have been photographed. My dog used to love drinking out of mudpuddles, so I guess that's not saying much for me. OY! That being 'Shoreway' RIP, not my latest and Bruno and Cleo. I called into channel 8 in the 80's when Denise Defala a newscaster ran on set with black lab in arms saying she had rescued him on the shoreway. Tract of highway near Lake Erie. Met her at station the next day and picked him up. Best damn dog I ever had. You rocked Shoreway. Black lab/pit mix, he was the bestest. Sorry Bob, don't mind me, I am in one of my moods.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Not to be rude or anything, But if you have to ask on an internet forum, you might want do a little more real research first.

Anyhoo any noble gas but some work better than other for certain things, and I dont think your going to get anything to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Not many people sit around microwaving gases to figure out which ones become the hottest plasma with the least amout of energy, and fewer would make a website about it. But if i've overlooked somewhere, please feel free to post it

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Bob try this link www.everist.org/special/mw_oven/

some interesting stuff for sure, but READ the warnings and then read them AGAIN!!

Lead probably isnt what your after for protection with regard to MW/RF

I wont assume that you are using a off the shelf Oven Magnetron.
but you are probably best to investigate a custom test rig(you probably are)

Inert(noble) gases are great for buffering(see welding MIG/TIG)
and check out this link for a few more ideas: books.google.com... dyZY#PPP1,M1

Have fun and be careful, i look forward to hearing more as im very interested in Magnetic Plasma Containment.

new topics

top topics

join