It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Homicide Bomb Rocks Pakistani High Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Powerful Homicide Bomb Rocks Pakistani High Court

www.foxnews.com

LAHORE, Pakistan — A suicide bomber blew himself up among police guards deployed in front of a court in eastern Pakistan ahead of a planned protest by lawyers Thursday, killing at least 20 people and wounding dozens more, officials and witnesses said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looks like the chaos is still on in Pakistan.. This just broke on Fox News.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Any particular reason you used the term 'Homicide bomb'? I know it killed people, but that's the purpose of a bomb. Saying 'homicide bomb' seems a bit redundant to me.

Anyway, I wonder if this is fallout from the Bhutto assassination, or if it was a means of covering up the prior assassination to cover Mushariff's role in Bhutto's death.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You know thats a good question... I just copied word for word what Fox News put up there.. I wonder if they choose to use that term for any particular reason.. Anyhow it is strange that we did not hear too much about this from MSM... I figured it was a message someone was sending to the High Court of Pakistan with regards to the whole ruling passed down to Musharref.. although I know that is old news.. Still something is going on over there...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I guess homicide bomb as opposed to the homosexual bomb the big D was working on.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Pretty sure this is the not-so-new trend in the MSM, calling these people who blow themselves up to kill others "homicide bombers" rather than "suicide bombers". The idea, I believe, is not to give the bomber any pathos or stir any empathy for their cause by calling it a suicide.

The author shoots the whole thing down in the first few words of his story though.

A suicide bomber blew himself up.....

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

top topics

join