It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This statement is untrue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Greetings everyone here at ATS! I have lurked about for a while now, expanding my mind on some good discussions I've read, and laughing out loud at some of the others. I am what you might call a "critical thinker". Or a pseudo-intellectual as some of my friends call me. I am into religious debates, political debates, philosophical debates, pointless debates, you name it, I'm into it.

Most recent books I bought were: The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens,The Art of War, and This Is Not A Book- Mind Excercises and Philosophical Games. I just watched Zeitgeist, I watched some documentary on the 2012 polar shift theory(can't remember the name,I found it at ATS). I am watching the Primaries with much trepidation(Go Ron Paul!)

I'll let my future posts further define my feelings on things.

Special thanks to Mechanic 32 and his helpful post that led me to the right place to post this.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yet it is a statement..... and further more it is recorded for all to see

Hi ya - nice to see new faces, I hardly ever lurk in the introductions board, must of been a good title

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Welcome, Gigatronix!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello Gigatronix. Welcome to ATS! I'm a little late with the welcome, but welcome none the less.

Myself, I'm not much of a debater, unless the topic is "which kid gets a turn on the computer" or "mom, she's bugging me...". However, I would like to call myself...'voice of reason', or 'reasonably skeptical'. You'll find me lurking around the Space Exploration and UFO forums.

Anyway, enjoy your time on ATS. Oh, below is a great thread if you have any q's about posting.

Help Thread...

join