It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know of a way to travel back in time to previous periods in one's life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't come off as an insane or non-serious post, because believe me, I'm completely serious.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to travel back in time to former times in one's life, be it through meditation, astral projection, etc.

I'll admit that I'm not as well-read in these areas as any of you other members are, and that's why I'm appealing to you for any knowledge or information you may have.

My reasons are really of no importance...I simply want to go back and possibly re-live past events in my life. I don't necesarilly wish to change anything about my life (though that would be a nice bonus), I'm just highly interested in this and I'm hoping beyond hope that anyone has any information, no matter how fantastic or "far out there" it may be.

I figured this section would be the best place for a thread such as this one, but if it doesn't fit, then can a mod please move it to somewhere more appropriate?

Thank you all in advance.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Wakizashi]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Despite what some may say, it's just not possible. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Despite what some may say, it's just not possible. Sorry.

While I appreciate your input (as well as find it to be the most plausible), I would still like to hear what others have to say.

On that note, no offense to anyone, but I don't need to hear "it's not possible" more than once. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wakizashi

Got it. But I thought you were more interested in truth than in fairytales.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Got it. But I thought you were more interested in truth than in fairytales.

I am. I'm not so deluded as to completely believe that this is actually possible. However, I'm determined to see if any of the "fairytales", as you put it, might have any sort of truth to them. I know this is highly unlikely and most likely impossible, however, I'm still ready and willing to look into this.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Develop a photographic/videographic memory..I just naturally have one..Then, if you are good at keeping information, you can go back mentally and sometimes view such things...my mental "videos" and "pictures" are usually fuzzy though, especially the older ones...I can't read anything but really large text like billboards, which means I have no way of easily keeping information for exams...but this is a great way...I sometimes replay them and mentally modify them as they go along.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Regaling tales with old friends / family? Photos? Goin to places of memory?

Not much help here... Although I love my dreams, sometimes I remember things that I would never remember when awake.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I too would like to see what others have to say on this topic.
Having said that howvwer, I would hate to think I have become one of the cynical members on ATS, but how many times have you watched the butterfly effect?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I too would like to see what others have to say on this topic.
Having said that howvwer, I would hate to think I have become one of the cynical members on ATS, but how many times have you watched the butterfly effect?

Twice. But it's not the only thing that inspired me to create this thread. I often have very vivid dreams in which I am able to travel back in time using my mind. It's become sort of an obsession for me lately, you see.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

, but how many times have you watched the butterfly effect?

I would like to know how you could ever know how you have observed such an effect?

Would simply observing a phemonma affect the outcome? If a tree falls yadda yadda.

Guess that's another discussion.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wakizashi, I was just playin' with ya.
Have you looked into hynotherapy. Wont be the same a "going back" but can make the memories more vivid.
I know the human mind is capable of alot more than we are currenly aware. I would like to have better memory recall with past events too but to "re-live" the event would take alot more looking into if there was any possibility.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was into pretty serious meditation for a long time, and I've experienced two pretty amazing moments with it, one was a vision which scared me right out of meditation ever after, but the other was a voice from someone in my past who I was focusing on at the time.
As to visiting your past, I'm pretty sure this can be done at least in a sort of mental effigy that can be very real, but I'm a little rusty on the ole bodhisattva and haven't practiced in more than a decade, so I can't really be of much assistance. Talk to your local llama, as silly as that might sound, they're usually very receptive and open to questions. It defiantely helped me get somewhere once

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Wakizashi, I was just playin' with ya.
Have you looked into hynotherapy. Wont be the same a "going back" but can make the memories more vivid.
I know the human mind is capable of alot more than we are currenly aware. I would like to have better memory recall with past events too but to "re-live" the event would take alot more looking into if there was any possibility.

I've considered it, but haven't really had the urge to try it. I'm afraid this is an "all or nothing" kind of thing for me. Ideally, I would like to re-live the moments as if I were actually living them right then and there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

top topics

join