It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand

www.foxnews.com

HAYDEN, Idaho — A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.

The Book of Revelation in the New Testament contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury."

The book of Matthew also contains the passage: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for you whole body to do into hell."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is this a man in need of more than medical help? What level of belief do you have to be at, to cut off your own hand to purge your sins?

I hope we're not missing anyone from the religious conspiracy forum? Let's hope they can type with just one hand..

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ooookkkkk.....now that's just creepy.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It feels like someone else is doing it if you're a lefty. Poor sots, least he didn't chop his hinky off.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, let be glad that he saw the mark on his hand and not in his head, It would have been very difficult to cut his own head and then try to cooked after .

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

even cutting his hand off he would still be damned cause he accepted it

well, if he really did, its obvious he is hallucinating lunatic

wow!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I suppose you've never seen my late night culinary concoctions after a revelous night! LOL!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I suppose it's more easy to see the humorist far side version of sad mental illness to the obvious extreme. Work two years at a major medical ER. Sometimes it is the 'only' way to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
it takes all kinds.

ironic, fox has time to report this crap, but can't bother with Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Later that day in church..

"Let us put our hands together and pray..."

"D'OH!"

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well maybe he had to do it.I mean perhaps his hand had a mind of it's own....like this guy....

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
THATS RIGHT WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?!!!!!!

haha man I love that movie.

apc

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh snap!

This sounds like a whooooole lot of a certain non-alkaline substance to me.

You're looking at the back of your hand and suddenly you see the mark of the beast, and it terrifies you do the point that you have to cut it off? I've seen artificially psychotic people come close to stuff like that. Then you'll find them on the kitchen floor chugging milk. And you'll laugh.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It certainly would be interesting to know what that mark looked like on his hand.
Or did I miss it in the article somewhere?

I hope there is a bit of further information on this event...

Johnny

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Probably the overfilled jelly doughnut he had for breakfast he forgot about. Or the stamp from the club.

new topics

top topics

join