It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choices on Ballot for Michigan Democratic Primary: Hillary or Uncommitted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Could it be a hoax? I wouldmfeel much better if it were some photo shop attempt to oust Hillary, what do you think? Is it photoshop? and if not why? What does inverting the stars on the flag signify?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I checked out the New Hampshire page of her website, and sure enough, the pics from rumormill.com are authentic. Look for yourself here. Scroll to the bottom of the page and view the slideshow that starts automatically. The first three photos with the star field of the flag in them show the stars upsidedown. The last two photos with the star field of the flag in them show the stars right side up. Weird. It appears the flag behind and stage right is normal, but the flag out front and stage left has the inverted stars on it.

According to my investigation, the upsidedown five pointed star is usually associated with evil.

Which explains why the upside-down pentagram is usually associated with evil. The inverted pentagram puts matter ahead of spirit, which is usually a bad idea.
source

Note there is some difference between the pentagram drawn with one continuous stroke and the star outlined and filled in. I don't think the difference matters much here. The stars on the US flag are not supposed to be upsidedown. We all know that.

Upon further evaluation of the slideshow linked above, if you click on one of the images, it recedes to the upper left and a picture of Hillary appears to the right with the caption "uploaded by Hillary Clinton" and the clickable option of opening the photo in a new window. Check this one out.

Am I completely daft or is that almost a sieg heil salute she is giving? I have really gone off the deep end now. I'm going to bed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I had to bring this thread back up again now because of all the hoopla about seating the delegates from Florida and Michigan. Hillary's reasoning now to stay in the race is she is leading in the popular vote.

Clinton has been arguing that she leads in the popular vote, but that's only when both states are included and it is very slim — fewer than 5,000 votes out of 34 million cast.

Her accounting also doesn't include some caucus states that favored Obama and where the popular vote wasn't tallied. The measure of winning the nomination is not the popular vote but whoever can get the majority of delegates — currently 2,026 are needed for the nomination although adding Michigan and Florida back in would change the threshold.

source

Both candidates agreed not to campaign in either state. To hang her hopes on the popular vote which includes both states now is ludicrous. First of all, delegates decide the nominee, not the popular vote. Secondly, this shows how the Clinton's are willing to stoop to anything to get their way. Rules and agreements? Fairness? Who cares! They don't.

They are so greedy and desperate and power hungry, they will stop at nothing in their effort to get back in the White House. It shows the same lack of character and moral fiber that Slick Willy did while he was President, the backlash from which is a big part of how we ended up with the government we have now. A worse bunch of crooks and liars stepped into the void created by Bill Clinton's abdication of responsibility and failure to keep his zipper closed on the job.

We can't afford to have this bunch back in power any more than we can afford to let Bush and his cronies stay in power.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join