It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is a serious problem with this website's posting methodology or lack thereof. The content is great because it is thought provoking, dont get me wrong.

Truth is only what you decide to believe. Many of the "reputable" people on this website will not believe anything unless a ufo landed in their back yard, walked into the house, kicked him in the ***, then left him with documents and photos of the event as proof. This is a good example of people who only believe something to be true if it meets all their personal requirements of belief.

The point im trying to make is, nobody can be particularly right or wrong. No pictures, documentation, or even video, can prove anything. Since the advent of the internet, and the countless disinformation agents, there is a point and counterpoint to everything, and it is common knowledge that it is easy with photoshop and cgi to make very believable media. Simply mash it all together, send it through low-quality compression, and voila! it looks real! Or, at least real to those who believe in it.

There is no proof. There never will be. The only proof is what you believe it to be. Even if the aliens landed, i would personally believe it was a mock secret government control move. Proof is a concept, and usually a "proof" is created only when the general population "believes together". It doesn't necessarily make it correct, however.

For instance, the reptilian theories are held together by grossly pixelated youtube videos and splotchy history, the alien/ufo phenomenon could easily and most likely be man-made, and the only thing for sure is that the government is the only entity that is even in a position to gleam the truth. Anyone can say anything, and provide any media, but it is never truly provable, and ultimately only up to belief.

So, what do you believe in? that should be the new way to address all these issues.

Constant bickering is a phenomenon of blogging on the internet, and will never cease to amaze me. It only solidifies the need to define "proof" as belief. If we could all agree to believe instead of prove, there would be alot less flaming and egoistic nonsense. There are far too many armchair captains who think they are the center of the universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDecider

If you think about it long enough as a conspirator might be doing, than it's likely the government grabs anything legitamate and turns it into a cartoon or adds wires like they used to do with other photos etc.

So, you just accept that they're out there and wait until it majorly affects our lives such as everyday etc.

Doesn't the saying of us acting like monkeys ring so true with some of these things like this?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There certainly can be proof. I understand your argument and frustration, but thats why ATS is the best place to go for subjective theory and valid opinion. If people weren't trying to debunk all the time, then others wouldn't fight so hard for the great evidence you can find all over the forums here. Good evidence is found in the face of great adversity, or it wouldn't be good evidence.

Proof is simply evidence that establishes truth (thank you merriam webster). "The Drones" were high-quality evidence, which is why they took so much to debunk (if they have been). Get some tissue, or even some uncompressed high quality footage and I'll say you have proof. Sadly, we don't seem to have that yet.

Youtube is the worst thing to happen to ufology since the weather balloon.

join