It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of all Mainstream Media thinking we love cleb trashing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I want news! I read and watch the news for news.

News. Why must it be filled with celebrity filth? Who cares who married who, who’s drunk again, or who’s a horrible parent. Does even half the US population care? Every time I see one of these articles via web news, I fight hard to hold back from posting in the comments section: Why is this news?

But then, with out it all... papers would be thin, news shows would be short. The thinner and shorter, the less ad's. The less ad's the less $$$.

Awww, the power of Money

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This has become news becuase we as American people have grown less and less interested in the real topics goin on in the world. Most people would rahter watch crap about Paris Hilton then hear about the horrible things goin on all around us. Its just another way to keep American people uninformed about current events, nothing more and nothing less.

I know exactly how you feel, I dont even watch the news anymore because it is all garbage. In this day and age real information is not given to the masses we have to search for answers and the real events taking place in this world.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sick of all Mainstream Media thinking we love cleb trashing!

I hear ya! We want the clebs do be left alone. I know I do. Trashing a cleb just makes me look weak....

The clebs have had it bad enough. I mean, picking on a round-headed boy would be nicer than trashing a cleb. Poking at helmet boy with a pointed stick would be better than messing with a cleb.

Can't we all just get along? Leaver them clebs alone!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont care anything about sports. Not intrested. I was aware that the Michael Vick story was being tried in the newspapers. I did not consider this to be news and information. I considered it to be propaganda.
I highly disapprove of this technique by the media. Trial by press.
I am not a fan of Michael Vick or football. I could really care less. I just found great distaste in the media trying to try the case in the manner they did. On the air.

It was the same with the Duke University Lacross team. Attempt to try this case in the media..including the appearence and interviewing as "experts" the usual suspects. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. I found the media greatly insulting in this technique attempting to pass as news and information.

I am not intrested in the life/lives of celebrities. I think they should be left alone and not hounded or their trash gone through by such parasites. Someone needs to give these parasites a 12 gauge barrel full of rock salt right up the wazoo...daily.

What a disgusting media we have...most of the world media for that matter. How disgusting of them to treat us as so pubescent that we think this is news and information.

Celebs have lots of problems in thier own lives..just like the rest of us. They too desesrve a measure of privacy. I am not intrested in their lives and I am insulted by the pulp magazines when trying to navigate my way through the checkout stands. My life is not so boring that I must live vicariously through the lives of celebs. I am insulted by a media who think so about my dollars and mentality.

Where is my 12 gauge???

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm bored with celeb news... but I just LOVE stories of incest, drinking, rape and prostitution, within the context of political figures!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

This is currently hot news in my country:

Malaysia health minister resigns over sex video scandal

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) — Malaysia's health minister resigned his cabinet post Wednesday after admitting he had been secretly filmed having sex with a female friend in a hotel room.

Definitely your cup of tea. And with the added bonus of irony, being that the guy is the health minister.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
hah, thanks. that's exactly what i'm talking about... why? because hypocrites in office are newsworthy, and actually affect people in a real way. Celebs don't really affect people in the same way. I guess you get to choose which celebs affect you, and how... when it comes to politicians, you have no say.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by scientist]

new topics

top topics

join