It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-U.S. Military & UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What's your opinion on the subject?

Guys like:

- Philip Corso
- Dan Sherman
- Clifford Stone

All are ex-military fellows who have written books on aliens/ufo's.

a) Is it an honest loop caused by years of suppressing the truth?
b) Mind f*ing experiments on them?
c) Their way of making some extra money after leaving the forces?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
c) Their way of making some extra money after leaving the forces?

I'm going to go with this one, i think its truthful for some, with some people in the ufo community you get the feeling that they are only in it for the money, now I'm no expert on these 3 guys but id imagine that money was one reason why they went into ufology, but whether it was the main factor remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Do you believe there is a UFO cover-up, and the government is lying to us about the presence of extraterrestrial entities on the planet?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 8-1-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Don't forget Timothy Good.

And don't forget the disclosure project members who claim the same but didn't all wrote books.

There are so many ex-military witnesses. I'm sure they are not all lying.

www.wanttoknow.info...
www.wanttoknow.info...
This website specializes in providing fact-filled news articles and concise summaries of major cover-ups which impact our lives and world.

Timothy Good interview playlist:
youtube.com...
Philip. J. Corso interview
www.youtube.com... ( 12 parts)
NASA Related
www.youtube.com...
Richard Dolan
www.youtube.com...

www.freedomofinfo.org...
www.freedomofinfo.org...
www.freedomofinfo.org...
Coalition for freedom of information.
Mission: Achieving scientific, congressional and media credibility for the study of unexplained aerial phenomena while working for the release of official information and physical evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

I fail to see point of the this topic. Each of the three guys mentioned by the OP have already been discussed in depth, to their possible reasons why they have said what they have said and their possible motives for doing so. Writing books is just one way of reaching more people, since not everyone has easy access to the internet. National media is not always open to these kind of people for obvious reasons.

Its only by researching each and everyone mentioned can anyone make up their own minds whether or not they are telling 'their' truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
also, i would highly suggest anybody prepared to criticize dan sherman actually READ his book above black. his book really has a ring of truthfulness to it, and he goes out of his way NOT to embellish any of his alleged accounts. he portrays himself as a small cog in a potentially huge wheel. some books scream out BS when you read them, or at least stretch the limits of believability....this one does not.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
also, i would highly suggest anybody prepared to criticize dan sherman actually READ his book above black. his book really has a ring of truthfulness to it, and he goes out of his way NOT to embellish any of his alleged accounts. he portrays himself as a small cog in a potentially huge wheel. some books scream out BS when you read them, or at least stretch the limits of believability....this one does not.

I agree. I even posted that sentiment precisely back in 2005

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, having read above black, I can say it is a very good book.
First impressions, Dan comes off as authentic. Time will tell I suppose.

The jist of the thread was to gauge people's thoughts specifically on the ex-U.S. milirayr/book writing.

For example, one would think, perhaps, Air Traffic Controllers would be as proficient.

I wonder if there's an inside joke in the Pentagon..."So Tom, I hear you're retiring! Congrats. So will you be writing a conspiracy book also?"

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Do you believe there is a UFO cover-up, and the government is lying to us about the presence of extraterrestrial entities on the planet?

Well, I think that's the first time someone asks me so directly...I'll try to answer best I can.

Firstly, I group people in three categories here on ATS.

1- The G.O.S. gang. The Grain Of Salt gang. These guys, I *might* be bothered to look at one of their threads. Rarely if ever I'll post on them. They make such extraordinary claims, and provide so little evidence, that they essentially make up my 'black list'. On this list are:
- John Lear
- Hoagland (including www materials, etc.)
- J Escamilla (I did like the "UFO Greatest Story Ever Denied " video)

2- The space kids gang. We see alot of these. They'll post anything, and believe even more. I call them kids because I can't help but imagine them as such, with so much to learn...I think they probably get disillusioned over time and leave here though...

3- ATS'ers I respect and read carefully. Gazrok and Springer. There are plenty others, I usually add a star to their posts..

So, I think that ufology is interesting because it encompasses so many different things:
- Egyptology
- The Council of Nine
- Military skunkworks
- Astronomy
- Sociology
- Psychology
- Folklore
- History
- Art and archeology
- Religion

I believe in one thing, plain and simple. Data. I don't care who you are or what you say, if your data sucks you don't get a star;-)

So far, the data we have in this field, indicates some cover-up. What that may be is anybody's guess...I had made some guesses here a while ago.

So far, I must say, the best item which stands out from the rest, for me, is the SOM1-01 manual....

top topics

join