It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks and political affiliation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I rarely visit a Starbucks. Personally I can't stomach the coffee. It is far to strong for my taste buds. Additionally, the customer orders seem to have morphed into individual chemistry experiments leading to amazing waiting on line. I was forced into a Starbucks the other day as my Daughter and I were hanging out.

I'm a little leery writing this next section but I'll give it a go. I am certain I do not posess the ability to decipher one's political affiliation with one's outward appearance.

As I sat in a comfortable leather chair waiting for my Daughter to return with her concoction, I began to scan the rest of the patrons.

To my left sat a woman reading a book. She was deeply concentrating on her read and probably didn't realize she was occupying a table for six all by her lonesome. I had trouble making out the title but I could make out a picture of Bush on the cover. My Daughter and her 20/15 vision arrived and she was able to tell me the title. "Is our Children Learning"

www.amazon.com...=cm_lmf_tit_2

Now that I had my "spotter" in the other leather chair it was time to continue the scan. Standing on line were two young males. Perhaps they were related because they looked and dressed very alike. Both we early 20's, both wearing knee length shorts. The shorts seemed strange since it was in the mid 20's in Andover, Mass. that day. Both had ponytails, both had beards, one of the two wore one of those multi-colored knit hats I would describe as a reggae look. I can't pass judgement here but I'm hard pressed to see these young men pulling the lever for say McCain. I thought to mysel, "Ron Paul or Barrack for these two."

I felt the nudge of my Daughter's foot. She nodded her head in a direction to our right. There stood Mr. Oblivious. Probably in his early fifties, thin build, gray hair and glasses perched on the end of his nose. He was standing rather than sitting at a table for four. His grande' experimento whatever was sitting on the table. In his left hand was the NY Times and in his right was a muffin of some kind. I'm not sure in technical terms if more of the muffin was hitting the floor or entering his mouth. He read and ate voraciously unaware of the crumb and chunk pile growing at his feet. He shoveled, read, sipped the experiment, shoveled and so on. When he was finished, he tossed the paper on the table, left the rest of the experiment and flipped the now empty muffin wrapper on top of the whole pile. He then proceeded to leave. "Hey, how bout' cleaning up after yourself dip ****!" I thought to myself.

My Daughter and I became engrossed in our own conversation and my observations of the crowd subsided.

So my questions:

Is Starbucks a popular haunt for a certain political affiliation?

Do you go to Starbucks?

Care to share your affiliation?

Just some early morning thoughts to generate some dialogue, nothing more, nothing less.

Becker

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hey Mods,

Just a technicality but could you move this to General Politics?

Thanks,

Becker

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I believe that Starbucks is popular among the left wing crowd and especially trendy in the college age group that Paul and Obama are popular with so yes, as for whether they specifically cater to that political group I highly doubt thats the case.

join