It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey anybody else watches this show???

I think he is pretty funny.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I watch it when I can. It's pretty good. I think Jon Stewart won a "Peabody" award for it.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I like him, though people used to say I look like him.

But I've since grown a long biker goatee, so people don't say anything now. They cross the street.

Wow, I was just thinking it's Jon, not John and you changed it! Hmmm, (thinking) get me coffee? Just kidding.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah the show is pretty cool. I have been watching it off and on since it first came out with Craig Kilborne. What I miss is the original crew that had some pretty damn good all stars. Much like SNL the back up comedy people have left for bigger and better things, leaving crappy replacements.

What amazes me about the show is that they get a lot of badass guests. I mean this show looks letterman look like a public access show.

What I don't like about the show is that their coverage plays to thier most vocal audience: pot heads ages 16-25. So they poke fun at stuff for no reason on no basis other than they might be old or a republican. A lot of their coverage is very liberal. They get a lot of really cool liberal actors to help themselves out, but when they get Dick Cheney or Newt on there, they back down.

Disregarding that junk, what I love the most about the show is thier extremely clever and witty investagative reports or commentaries. The back in black segments are pretty lame after a while, but the rest is gold.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I watch it when I can. It's pretty good. I think Jon Stewart won a "Peabody" award for it.

lol, that mofo won two emmys!
and as to the show, i love it! comedy central really has some of the best programming around. chappelle's show, south park, daily show, tough crowd, trigger happy, crank yankers, and all of them. i love it, i cud live off that station!
the thing about the daily show is that the writing is regularly fantastic, and jon stewart is really great, he can do so much just behind a desk. and he has a great sense of humor himself, which is key

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The ad beside this thread is for CHEAP JON STEWART TICKETS!

Yesterday I was reading a post on Kerry/Edwards speculation and the ad was for SIGN PETITION FOR KERRY/EDWARDS!

HOW DO THEY KNOW? HOW? HOW?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The ad beside this thread is for CHEAP JON STEWART TICKETS!

Yesterday I was reading a post on Kerry/Edwards speculation and the ad was for SIGN PETITION FOR KERRY/EDWARDS!

HOW DO THEY KNOW? HOW? HOW?

theyre everywhere...
actually, u can get jon stewart tickets free (tho, i guess, free is pretty cheap...) u call the number they give during the show, and poof! tickets! id go, but ive got this damn school thing during the day. but i will!

top topics

join