It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing what you saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sometimes, it may be in a dream or intense thinking, i would see something happening. its me seeing through my eyes and it would be like any other day. kind of like a segment from a day. its like a preminition but not(if that makes sense).

then when they happen (in the real world) i would get the some sort of deja vu feeling im guessing you all have felt before. but while the feeling is coming over me i know what is going to happen next and its 100% correct. this has only happened twice for me and when the second one started to happen again i thought to myself what if i changed what was about to happen.

has anyone changed what the saw?
if so what happened?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ive had an experience that is very similar. It happened to me when i woke up for school one day. It was really random, and idk why it happend, But i woke up around 630am, and i just KNEW that this guy i sorta knew from school was going to offer me a piece of gum on the bus. I just knew it. I thought it was very strange and i didnt understand why i felt this way. And this guy had never offered me gum before. So i get on the bus, and sit 2 rows behind him. And then i got this really intense deja-vu feeling, and right at that moment he turned around and offered me a piece of gum. This has never happend to me before or since this one experience. But i remember it very vividly to this day.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ucanneverdie

What you're describing is classic deja vu, of course.
But just exactly deja vu is... that's a question that is yet to be answered satisfactorily.

My mother told me that once, many decades ago, she dreamt about a man that she had never seen in her life. The dream was nothing special: she was walking down a certain street, and this young man was coming towards her. They exchanged a brief glance (as people passing by often do) and kept walking, in opposite directions.
The next day that scene actually happened - exactly as she saw it in her dreams. And what's curious about this is precisely the fact that it was a (seemingly) totally unimportant event.

We all know by now that time, as our consciousness perceives it, isn't really "there". So it wouldn't be all that surprising if it turned out that the subconscious mind is able to explore Time in both "directions": the past and the future.

As for "changing" things... It's funny you should mention that. Two days ago, I was standing in my living room doing a special (mind) exercise. It was shortly after dawn break, and I saw the line of street lights being turned off. A few (perhaps five) seconds later - I saw them go out for the second time. Naturally, I was somewhat startled: after I've seen them go out for the first time they hadn't been turned on again (to be then turned off again), of course.

Time sure is a quirky fellow...

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gravytrain

If you ask me (but you haven't, I know : )), I would say that, for some reason, your conscious mind got short-circuited, if only for a moment, so that the "raw data", the pristine "reality" of the world, became briefly accessible to you.
If you hadn't "switched on" your ordinary conscious perception, you would be able to see ALL things, everything, like that (which must be a very taxing activity!). In other words, you had a glimpse of what REAL, comprehensive perception would be like.

top topics

join