It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our congress wants to give Mexico our Social Serurity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The fact that we give free healthcare is we do have a Responsibility as humans to help those in need, the lady liberty says so, give us your tired and your poor. I can see the governments side, as if we do not do this, who will. Think about that. But we being humane and a beacon for those who want to live free are our Responsibility. We used to live that way. I mean helping others to help themselves was a way of life. People who came here wanted to learn english. They did become a core of people who believed in the USA. What we do see now is too many takers of and not enough helpers for. I am getting old, and I see what has become of policys that threw money at the problem and did not repair the problem. This is leadership problem we are having. Look for those who have a plan that does not include just throwing money at it. Like the money we want to send to Mexico.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by zman]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Isn’t this part of us merging with Mexico and Canada in the near future a.k.a. NAU?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zman

I understand helping wholeheartedly. I give to practically every charity that's thrown at me. But it's because WANT to help. And I think most people want to help others too. But it gets dicey when Government FORCES us to help others. It should be our own choice who, how, and why we help others. And I think most Americans would help others if the Government helped no one, because then they'd help themselves by helping others.

As Ron Paul states, when he was a young doctor, he worked in a hospital that was run by a church, and they didn't turn anyone away, even if they couldn't pay. But today it's different, it's all about pork, special and big business interests, and a populist message that pulls the wool over too many eyes.

I was there myself a few years ago. I had to realize that some people just don't want to help, and it's their right not to. What goes around comes around, it's Karma. That's why I've chosen my position of ridding ourselves of this welfare nation. The Government cannot help people during hard times, they are too impersonal, the Government can only hold people off from helping themselves. I believe once Americans are paying MUCH less taxes, they'll be more fortunate, and give more to their local charities.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JadePhoenix

Yes it is. Scary stuff. And no one seems to care or even notice.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To my understanding it is apart of the NAU. Thats one reason I posted it. As for helping people, I do all the time. I am a electronic guru of sorts and I do what I can for the people who can not afford to have there electronics repaired. I have a saniation company give me the items people throw out. I repair them in my spare time. When I feel good enough to be able to move my body parts as I do have MS. It in my mind is sort of a karma. I hope that if a moderater looks at this post and can correct my spelling at the title thread, I would be thankful. Thats what I get for copying and pasting without looking at the whole. There are people out there who want to do the right thing, I beleive they will, I have to, as what other choice do we have.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hmm...this situation doesn't really concern me, but it does make me upset that the people who actually worked and have contributed to SS are not going to get what they deserve from it. I'm 23, never worked, and I don't plan on SS being there when I retire. I started investing in my retirement when I was 18. I don't plan on the Government giving me a check, nor do I want them too. I can manage my credit and keep myself out of trouble so I won't have debt and I do a decent job with my investments, and with what I will be putting into it over the years, I expect to be alright. I know a lot of older people are banking on SS, but the younger generation, like mine, and the ones after should start investing early because SS won't be there for us.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its the weird examples like this, combined with allowing Mexican Truckers on American highways that makes me wonder. At some point the citizens got distracted by 9-11/Iraq and the partisanship associated, and somehow we are already in the North American Union.

I mean, I don't actually believe it, but does anyone else see it? Mexican Nationals crossing to and fro, at will, over the 'border' due to seasonal farm work. Social Security benefits getting paid to non-citizens. It all seems a bit fishy to me.

Would our President actually have the power to sign treaties that could end our sovereign status? How would you 'undo' it? I mean, it seems more and more obvious each day that there are some serious crimes made by this administration, is there some recourse for actions made by them on our supposed behalf? Or are all the options bloody?

In some ways I see the benefit to society if the world 'stood as one', but I am not fond of those who would be in line for future leadership of that coalition. Their track record just isn't that good.

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
Hmm...this situation doesn't really concern me,

I understand, I know it does no good for you to pay for SS for anyone. But you have to understand that we did pay into the system as they call it. Once upon a time, there was a system in place to help with retirement. Thats before we started to send the money from SS to other countries and projects that had NO return on investment. This again is due to the government just throwing the money at the problems elsewhere and not fixing the problem. I do like Jimi by the way , I have a pearl white strat myself.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Its the weird examples like this, combined with allowing Mexican Truckers on American highways that makes me wonder. At some point the citizens got distracted by 9-11/Iraq and the partisanship associated, and somehow we are already in the North American Union.

I mean, I don't actually believe it, but does anyone else see it? Mexican Nationals crossing to and fro, at will, over the 'border' due to seasonal farm work. Social Security benefits getting paid to non-citizens. It all seems a bit fishy to me.

Would our President actually have the power to sign treaties that could end our sovereign status? How would you 'undo' it? I mean, it seems more and more obvious each day that there are some serious crimes made by this administration, is there some recourse for actions made by them on our supposed behalf? Or are all the options bloody?

DocMoreau

Hi Doc, Its really about throwing money around that they the government had available, without repayment of those funds. Fiscial responsiblity. Where is it. We need to put in government, people that WILL do the right thing. As for our serving president, well, who he the Vice president, hmm, former CEO for the CFR.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zman

Originally posted by Alxandro
Is there any wonder why the approval rating for Congress is lower than that of dubya's?

If these illegal alien sympathizers feel so strongly about this issue then they should be forced to make their Social Security Numbers public and I'll make sure to share these with the first group of illegals I see tomorrow.

I understand your fustrations. Well your fight is not with the illegals as you call them, but with our institution. Talk to your congressman and senate. Vote for ones that will do something. Think out of the box.

I am thinking out of the box, that is why my post was directed at those members of congress that are "illegal alien sympathizers".

The biggest defining moments of our time are 1) the Iraq War and 2) Illegal immigration.
We need leaders that think creatively so why not use one to try one to try and fix the other?

We should heavily tax the illegals that wire and send US cash back to their relatives back home and use this to help pay for the war.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You need to find them first. If we knew who was illegal, they wouldn't be here right now,
. And as for the war, it needs to stop. We're borrowing something like a billion dollars a day from China. Plus we keep printing money (that lowers the value of the dollar),causing us to borrow more. If we didn't have this war, and the income tax was abolished, and people were able to keep the 40% of their pay check the Govt. steals, I doubt Immigration would be such a problem. Immigration has to do with the economy and the National Security. Them receiving SS is not really the big picture, rather a result of our wasteful spending.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The probelm with illegal's are that it had gotten to the point of no control. I say this because our borders were never secure. That is an act of treason. Thank our congress members for that. There is no way to verify the ones who are here illegal, and if there was such a program it would be not to the interest of us, meaning national ID cards. Now for a govenor of NY to suggest that he give drivers license to illegals was even wrong to even use that to fix the problem. We need responsible people in our government. Not ones who want the free perks like free health care and a pension. To govern takes allot of not only guts but a mind that can think of solutions to a problem with out spending more of our SS money. You see once there was a supplus of money in SS, they the congress saw this as a private till to provide funding for what ever the seemed fit. I bet that if we hold them to the Iron on this they will have to do something. But nobody wants to. So we must relly on a system of government with out checks and balances and spend the money that they do not have to projects that are not profitable for our country. We need to get people in government WHO KNOW what to do. Not just because they are a democrate or republican. Know who you put into office.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

i'm not mexican or african for that matter--i'm a white anglo saxon jew that worked hard for what my family has and for our retirement future.

why would i want to give everything i worked for away to strangers and foreigners?i already give generously to legitimate charities to look after our own poor.

sorry but its not our fault if other nations have governments and citizens that have made a shipwreck of their own lives.

i wouldnt mind if we gave loans to foreign countries that have to repay them but i hate to see our tax money given away to strangers when we have our own homeless that are dying of cold and starvation while our generous government supports our enemies.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by zman

i wouldnt mind if we gave loans to foreign countries that have to repay them but i hate to see our tax money given away to strangers when we have our own homeless that are dying of cold and starvation while our generous government supports our enemies.

I fully agree with giving loans to other countries for a return investment. I to am a jew and a german, but mostly all American. I gave an oath to my country to protect it and I shall. I just try to provide information to you for you to understand, not my way of thinking, but for you to educate yourself. You know why I say that, cause everyone agrees to disagree.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
they have to find a way to pay the ssn debit!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tttt
they have to find a way to pay the ssn debit!

Thanks TTTT , you do know we could afford it for everyone without taxing us by not lending billions of dollars to foriegn countries, and bringing home troups not needed, saving and extra 10 to 20 billion. Maybe I should run huh.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If the wall is built will they use cheap Mexican labor?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If the wall is built will they use cheap Mexican labor?

It is not about cheap labor. Its about doing the right thing. All of my ansestors came over here legal. Worked hard. Learned English.Was proud of our country. Contributed to people around them. How do you think Americans who came over legally feel when they see cheap labor from illegals. I say let them higher legal workers, hey they are going to have to up the pay. Be more productive. Its all about doing the right thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
One of these days the cheap illegal labor is going to want to be paid the same amount as other people are getting paid for doing the same job, I can’t say I blame them one bit.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

i wouldnt mind if we gave loans to foreign countries that have to repay them.

If only our economy was good enough to do that. We do nothing bought print and borrow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join