It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Stuck On Mountain Shelf For 5 Days And No Rescue Is Possible Atm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This poor dog was scared off by the fireworks in Norway on New Years Eve and ran away. The owner and others have searched for him for days. They could hear barking now and then, but because of echo they couldn't determine where it came from. Finally they found the dog. He appears to be stuck on a mountain shelf, about 400-500 meters above the sea. However, there's no way they can save him until Monday morning because of very bad weather. He might have been there for 5 days already, with no food. He can get water from snow and ice. They say the only way he could have gotten there is by falling. He might be injured from this fall as well.

Leon

Photo: Hilde V. Aune

Those of you who are religious might want to include Leon in your prayers. I really hope they can save this poor dog. They need better weather so they can rescue him asap.

Dagbladet: Hund værfast på fjellhylle (in norwegian...)
Svenska Dagbladet: Hund fast på fjället i fem dagar (in swedish...)

[edit on 2008/1/5 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OMG poor Leon!

How many days before they can rescue him?

It is Sunday here in AU so that would only mean one day...but gosh, 5 days has been there already?

Please update if he is rescued alive or not. Hopefully they will get to him in time!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Now it's Sunday morning, 5:30am in Norway. They don't expect better weather conditions until Monday. Mountain climbers are on standby, but at the moment it's too windy.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
= so over 24 hours to wait, urgh!

oh pity they can't throw up or down some food.

Where is God when you need him?

Pray God throws down a bone!

fingers crossed they will get to him in time!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
here in Au a few days ago someone was walking their dog in a national park (naughty naughty!) and they slipped down a hill side a bit.

they rescued the guy but weather stopped them getting the dog so they anchored it to the cliff so it could be rescued after.

the owners got sick of waiting for rescue crews who were waiting on good heli weather, so they got some experienced mountain climbers to rescue the pooch the next day.

these owners should do the same thing, get some experienced rock climbers to absail down and get the stranded pooch.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Experienced rock climbers are on standby already, but the weather is too bad for them to climb yet. It's too dangerous, even for professional rock climbers. It's now 7 pm and poor Leon might have to spend yet another night on this mountain shelf, all alone, hungry and cold. Hopefully the weather will improve so they can start the rescue operation asap tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh gosh i cant bare to think about this poor dog stuck up there,

He will be in my prayers, Dogs are great at getting through situations.

Fingers crossed for Leon,

[edit on 6-1-2008 by asala]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Leon has been stuck for seven days now. They say they can't rescue him today...
They'll try tomorrow, Tuesday.

Hund sit fast i fjellet på sjuande døgnet (in norwegian...)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i really hope they get him soon, thats a long time out there and he must be starting to go downhill by now.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
any news???

I know there is no news cos it is not up yet, but I just had to ask cos I am hoping for some good news.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Time running out for Leon

Here's the only new article I've found. It says that Leon can technically survive up to 14 days without food, as long as he can get water from snow and ice. And if it doesn't get any colder, his fur will protect him. Lots of people have contacted the owner and asked if they could help in any way. There are some photos of Leon in that article.

Adressa.no: Tiden renner ut for Leon (in norwegian)

It's now 4:30am (in the middle of the night) in Norway. If anyone hear any news about Leon, then please post it. I do need to sleep sometimes, so I can't keep this thread updated all the time. I know it's not easy to find, as it's most likely in scandinavian and not in english. I hope Leon will be rescued soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
An eagle has been seen in the area!

A helicopter is about to rescue him now, if he's still alive. Fingers crossed.

Dagbladet.no (in norwegian...)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It was a White-tailed Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) spotted in the area. Hopefully, Leon has not become its prey.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
He was saved! He's alive! Yey!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Oh thank goodness!!!!!

Gosh i have been thinking about this for days now!

Thank you so much hellmutt for keeping us up to date on this,

I just need to go give my dog a big hug

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Gudskelov!

Thanks for the story Hellmutt.

...still happy endings in this world.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
He was saved! He's alive! Yey!

YEAH!!!!!!!!

I am yelling

Oh how fantastic!!!

That news just brightened my day!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good for the dog!

Next time, I hope its owners keep a firm hold on his leash.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Leon is happy to be home. More photos on the Dagbladet link (in norwegian). Apparently it was a dramatic rescue and he almost fell down.

Photo: Hilde Dalos Aune

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thank goodness they saved him, it would have been a terrible end to a loved pet otherwise.

i bet he's got a warm bed (probably his masters) and plenty of food, and smothered in smooches by now

way to go with the updates hellmutt!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join