It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crisis in Kenya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It seems most of the major news agencies is ignoring what is going on in Kenya. I was surprised not to see any major threads here as well.

Kenya's humanitarian crisis grows

At least 180,000 people have been displaced by unrest as the humanitarian crisis grows after last week's disputed election in Kenya, say UN officials.

A top UN official in Nairobi says about 500,000 Kenyans need urgent help.

www.worldvieww.blogspot.com

[edit on 4-1-2008 by tsrk30]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by asala]

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the Submit News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

This has the making of Hotel Rwanda, and Sudan if left undeterred!!!
What is going On????

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think we're getting jaded over this situation just because it seems to never end.

Throughout my short 45 years of this life I've heard constant trouble and strife from this region. This includes Kenya, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, Tanzania, etc.....
I don't even know how they keep track of their borders with all the shifting politics and war that have gone on over the years.

Sadly, the innocent will continue to suffer, and sadly, I've ceased to care. :shk:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Its just so sad whats going on over there, But i dont think theres alot anyone can do due to the powers that running it,

Hopefully this latest spate of violance will end very soon, It has been shocking to watch

Ghanaian President John Kufuor is going over there next week to see if he can help bring some peace,

More on the latest developments,
news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Tribalism, language and ethnicity can never be controlled by political means. The only thing that will alleviate tribal strife is to alleviate the crushing poverty all but very few suffer under.

Sadly most of Africa will continue with ethnic warfare especially with the west supplying arms to both sides of the conflict reguardless of which country or faction is fighting.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

It never ends!
:shk:

Isn't the presidential candidate, Barack Obama from Kenya?

helen

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

No, Mr. Obama was born in Honolulu HI. It is unlawful for an American President to be foreign born.
Hawaii is a state in the Union of American states.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks!

I was watching the news and I thought they said Kenya and American?
Maybe his father is from Kenya and his mother is an American?

helen

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just to clarify............

Born in Honolulu to a Kenyan father and an American mother, Obama grew up in culturally diverse surroundings. He lived most of his early life in Hawaii and spent four of his pre-teen years in Jakarta, Indonesia. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, Obama worked as a community organizer, university lecturer, and civil rights lawyer before running for public office. He served in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, launching his campaign for U.S. Senate in 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification!
anxietydisorder/
Glad I was not hearing things!

Still a shame that Kenya is in the state it is.....I dont believe it will ever end.

helen

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

if i were black i could probably comment more with out fear of being labled or complained about to the management as being a racists etc. by some of the members here that assume me to be one?
i'm tired of the innuendos so its best to say little.
i cant understand why some americans? that post here would like to see the usa borders be opened up for just anybody that wants/ to come here and act the way they do over there or in mexico/south america
we have enough problems of our own.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm with AD on this one.

The amount of aid that has been given to Africa in the last 20 years is crazy money.

They are showing things from Kenya on the news here, I just keep waiting for Michael Cane to Pop up and shout

"Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes"

Africa may well be the cradle of mankind, but right now it's the ass hole of humanity.

There are enough problems within the countries we all live in. Lets take care of them first.

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join