It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going Blind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey, I'm 15 and I might be going blind. I went to the eye care place in town today. Several months ago, I had been told be the DMV officer to get my eyes checked again and to get new glasses. I followed the advice, or rather requirement. I waited for 2 hours and finally took the test, but rather than just having my near-sightedness get worse, it seems the pressures in my eyes point towards another conclusion. The doctor said I may have glaucoma. She said it was rare and unheard of for my age, but it may develop in a few years.

Now my parents seem to have a hard time believing this. Denying that its true and that I wont. It hurts me when they do this of course because denying me what I should know is not the answer. I told them I didn't mind. I mean it is a terrible thing, going blind, but I will cope with it. After having some many terrible things in my life, heartache, betrayal, among other things, I have learned to be optimistic. I dont know why, I just am now. Its hard to look positive towards such a fate, but if it happens then it happens. I mean it isn't like there isn't treatment for this, though it only slows the process.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh thats not good at all,

Im sure your mother and father are just scared,

but stay a little positive, first a bunch of tests need to be done to find out what type and though there is no cure there are lazor and pills and eyedrops,

You will need your eyes tested monthly as well,
www.paperpen.com...

May be worth trying to educate your famly on Glucomer, Print out some bits for them.. the link above is pretty good,

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thank you for the link, I should educate myself. XDD

Yeah, the doctor told me to come back this Monday because I have to pick up my glasses and they have to check the pressure in my eyes again so they can draw more conclusions. Though, I am supposed to come back every month if the pressure is still high.

Yeah, I figured I would have to take pills oer some type of eyedrops. I dont really like eyedrops though. The woman tried and claimed that my eyelids were as strong as a dogs or something. XD
I dont quite understand the process, but I will go through what treatment I can to slow this process and if it doesn't slow, if I do go blind, though that will be years from now, I wont mind as much. I mean I would miss my sight, but there are worse things, I should be glad I didn't lose a limp.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No parent wants to hear that sort of news. They're scared for you, denial is part of that, give them a little bit to wrap themselves around it. I think you'll find that they'll come through for you. Parents are like that.

That's a tough thing. Best of luck to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes, I suppose they are a bit frightened by the thought. Though, it does hurt when they try to deny it and say they aren't going to even check it.

new topics

top topics

join