It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the talk of "proof"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
People commonly ask for this "proof"...the funny thing about it is, they are more demanding to thier fellow man, than they are to the government. Most are willing to accept the basic given facts, and have to be argued against, to no avail, when in fact, there is just as much, if not more evidence their. People are taught all kinds of things on tv, which is no different than the internet in this aspect. Is your great grandma who never told a lie the one making your knowledable sources....
Aliens, of course they exist. To deny as such, is blindness. You can go out into the street, and ask people "do you beleive in god, the all powerfull being who could end the universe in a thought?" and most will answer yes to some degree. You go out and ask people "do you beleive in aliens?" and they think you are out of your mind.
Now, there are over 1000's of reported sightings (keyword "reported" not all) every year to ufo/alien activity.
Now i ask you, how many reported sightings of god are there?

This my friends is conditioning.
im not saying that god does not exist, for to do so is foolhardy indeed.
It was said that if 1 in every 1 billion stars had planets, and 1 in every 1 billion of those supported life...then there would still be many billions of planets with life..
the probability is too great to ignore.
To think we are the only ones is selfish...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So no one had anything to say about this?!! i thought i was going to get smashed down at least...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think you are absolutly correct. And i also think no one had answered you because you bring a very hot and sencitive subject to debate.
But do not wait for so many members agreeing with you, because agreeing with this , is the same as agreeing that the majority of the members in this site, are only acting in a insane not constructive way...at the least. That's the big problem with this subject...but relax, i am sure many many members will at the least agreeing with you...in silence!

A flag & a star at the least...

[edit on 5/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

join