It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in thought pursuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Police in thought pursuit

washingtontimes.com

The Washington Times
By Bruce Fein

To borrow from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, "the First amendment should not distract Congress from doing important business."

The Pope had his Index of Forbidden Books. Japan had its Thought Police against subversive or dangerous ideologies.

Now probably the greatest assault on free speech and association in the United States since the 1938 creation of the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
more Snippets:

Congress is perched to enact the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (Act),"

Reference…
House Bill: H.R. 1955 – already passed
Senate Bill: S. 1959

Political discourse will be chilled and needed challenges to conventional wisdom will flag. There are no better examples of sinister congressional folly.

Lengthy lists of persons, organizations and thoughts to be shunned will be compiled.

Internet communications, the media, schools, religious institutions and home life will be scrutinized for promoting pernicious thoughts.

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tsEnigma

Good. Now maybe people will see reasons why laws against prostitution, and online gambling, and not wearing your seatbelt are better for everyone. Now we can include anyone who thinks a radical thought, because that could possibly lead to radical behaviour.

People need restraints like this, victimless or not. We also need more Blue Laws to help control people's moralities. No buying new cars or alchohol on Sundays!

Let's see if we can break this down further:

Laws against prostitution - Keeps the sex trade minimized (or does it?)

Laws against online gambling - Keeps crime rates lower and protects people from spending all of their own hard earned cash

Laws against not wearing your seatbelt - Saves lives, because we all know that people wear seatbelts because "It's the law."

Not buying booze on Sunday - Need the people to share the same moralities as me

Laws against Radical Thoughts - Keeps people from acting on them and promotes the state's well being

Ahhh, see? Everything works out for the better. What's wrong with having thought crimes that protect people if we already have plenty of other laws doing that as well?

BTW, if anyone's ever read any of my posts, you'll know I'm being extremely sarcastic.

[edit on 1/3/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't mean to spoil your fun but this is already being discussed here..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join