It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time, reality... and anything else youd like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Although im in 10th grade and havent taken a single physics class, im quite fascinated iwth physics, namely quantum physics and the more theoretical stuff. So I thought id start a thread for people to talk about anything theyd like that goes along those lines.

I thought id start it off with a question ive been thinking about for a while. Lets say you could get yourself going the speed of light so that relative to the rest of the universe your time seems to stand still. And during this period of speeed of light travel the entire universe is destroyed or the area of the universe your in is destroyed (who really caes how). what happens to you since i your reality no time has passed. Hope that makes sense even in the least. feel free to correct me if im horribly wrong.

P.S
PLease try to be as coherent possible as this kind of stuff can get fairly complicated, and those of us with less knowledge in the field might not understand all fancy termonlogy

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd guess that time still passes normally in your lightspeed spaceship. Like the air in your car is motionless even though the air outside is moving (relatively) quite fast. The air is contained, just as time and light would be.

So if you're moving at the speed of light, the view behind you will freeze while the view in front of you will speed up. If you pass through an area that explodes, whether or not you'd be harmed would depend on if the explosion was in your path; or if the explosion was not in your path but nearby and happened with such force to exceed the speed of light, it could catch up to you.

If we had a fast enough spaceship and a big enough microscope, we could travel away from earth faster than lightspeed and see the earth running backwards.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What do you mean when you say destroyed? As in, someone takes a pair of scissors and cuts out that part of the universe and then tapes together the edges where he cut? Or just everything inside it it destroyed.

new topics

join