It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - My re-discovered holiday photo from 1996

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This photo was taken in Marmaris, Turkey in June 1996. At the right of the photo, there is a metallic looking object which in my opinion is not a bird or a plane.

The reason I am only just posting this is because I thought I had lost it when I moved but just rediscovered it this morning!

Please take into account that this is an unaltered scanned image from a 12 year old photo taken on a disposable camera but to be honest, the quality is better than some of the digital ones that crop up on here!

Thoughts and ideas please...

EDIT- Please follow the link for the time being as the photo has been cropped for some reason and the object in question is not visible.

Link

[edit on 2-1-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What makes you say it's "metallic looking"? It's just a dark smudge to me, most likely a bird flying by when you took the photo.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
What makes you say it's "metallic looking"? It's just a dark smudge to me, most likely a bird flying by when you took the photo.

Well if you zoom in/ look closer, you can see that the top of the object is reflecting the sun and to me, looks metallic, while the underside is shaddowed. It looks to be a consistent shape and not that of a bird. I have seen many supposed UFO photos which tun out to be birds and they tend to have a different shape.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I'm going to have to agree with the above post, considering its at a dock then its likely that alot of birds were flying around and you caught one flying from right to left.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I hate to say I don't even see the object...

I've been in Marmaris about 9 years ago, beautiful place, unfortunatly I did not see UFO's on my trip

image enhancements would be appriciated.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I've been in Marmaris about 9 years ago, beautiful place, unfortunatly I did not see UFO's on my trip

You will have to click the link below the photo because for some unknown reason the whole photo isn't appearing on this page. I don't have any programs to enhance the image and wouldn't know how to do it anyway.. maybe someone can help me out on that??

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I personally would'nt discard the idea of it being a bird, as we know that a bird in the air rarely keeps its shape when photographed unless an adequate telephoto lense and/or image stabiliser/wildlife photographer is in operation.

But dont let that simple equation dismiss this photograph.

I ran twenty or so different filters over the shot and looked through all colours of the spectrum along with a digital image stabilizer and an image sharpener to try and get some separation of the object from the sky, and there is definately something around the top of the object, almost like a canopy/cockpit of sorts.

But it still looks too hazy or even misty to come up with anything conclusive, it could just as well be a blurry birds wing movement peaked in the upward direction.

Not to be dismissed though as I think currently it is still an Unidentified Flying Object, but I have a feeling it might stay that way.

Good luck with it FiftyFifty, interesting shot

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's a ufo, but most likely a bug that was flying by as you took the picture. It's smeared and longated to show that it was going fast in the still photo. But that's just my opinion fiftyfifty.

I don't see a metallic color to it? But I know bugs are shiny and metallic looking too. Could be anything, but the most likely answer would be a bug or bird.
I'm not saying it couldn't be a flying saucer, but in clear daylight, I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thankyou OP for your most exhilerating display of an Alien UFO starship. I can clearly so the reptilian ship hovering above.

This most be huge and was probably not visible to the naked eye due to the onboard grav shield propulsion system these reptilian cruisers use.

keep looking to the skies my friend

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the useful input smoking gun

As for your input 'thebeliever' thanks.. you have been most helpful in wasting your own time and wasting anyone elses who has to read your post. I never mentioned aliens and didn't post with the intention of convincing people that the greys are here or we are being run by reptilians.

All I want is for people who are interested in this kind of thing to make up there own minds about what it could be.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

All I want is for people who are interested in this kind of thing to make up there own minds about what it could be.

I just did didnt i and you decided to have a dig at me. It seems you ask for the opinion of others and then mock them this is unfriendly. IMO i think its a star cruiser. Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeliever81
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I just did didnt i and you decided to have a dig at me. It seems you ask for the opinion of others and then mock them this is unfriendly. IMO i think its a star cruiser. Thanks

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were serious
. I thought you were being sarcastic. I have to say though, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have seen many of these objects in photos. They have the same blurred effect due to the ship being between interstellar dimensions.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
More seagulls......not been on holiday to Cornwall have you recently??

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by punto
More seagulls......not been on holiday to Cornwall have you recently??

Not recently no.. but to be fair, the Cornwall one does look more like a bird! You have to save my pic and zoom in and you will see that it looks less like a bird the more you zoom in. It is slightly clearer on the actual photo as well. Being a scanned image, the detail is only as good as the scanner will allow.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just came across this old one again which I posted 4 years ago! With the passing of time, there are now many new members and more technology available to clean up photo's. It's difficult to see any detail on this photo digitally when you zoom in but the original still has me stumped 15 years on. I would appreciate if anyone who doesn't think this is a bird or an insect to do your enhancement thing and try to put this to bed for me

Anyone here who knows my usual responses to UFO threads will know I'm somewhat of a skeptic so I'm not trying to convince anyone that this is an alien craft! Just thought it would be worth a bump to see if I can get any new opinions.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

You will have to click the link below the photo because for some unknown reason the whole photo isn't appearing on this page. I don't have any programs to enhance the image and wouldn't know how to do it anyway.. maybe someone can help me out on that??

Here ya go. I copied your photo to my Windows Fax Viewer, magnified the object's area plus that light arrary on the left that's also interesting, took a screen grab, processed it thru Picasa to crop it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Thanks. By the way, the 'artifact' on the right is a scratch on the photo and not something in the image.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Object to the right aircraft? Object to the left skydiver just jumped out of said aircraft?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Object to the right aircraft? Object to the left skydiver just jumped out of said aircraft?

My mistake, I meant the left
the thing on the right is the object in question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join