It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Benazir Bhutto dossier: ‘secret service was diverting US aid for fighting militants to rig the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

On the day she was assassinated, Benazir Bhutto was due to meet two senior American politicians to show them a confidential report alleging that Pakistan’s intelligence service was using US money to rig parliamentary elections, officials in her party said yesterday.

The report was compiled by the former Prime Minister’s own contacts within the security services and alleged that the Inter-Services Intelligence agency was running the election operation from a safe house in the capital, Islamabad, they said. The operation’s aim was to undermine Ms Bhutto’s Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and to ensure victory for the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) party, which supports President Musharraf, in the elections scheduled for January 8.

One begs the question, would the US really care?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just had a thought that is so elementary and solid that I'm amazed I never thought of it before. America and Americans are hated as never before by the world's population, thanks to it's foreign policy. (I won't bother reciting the litany of absurdities and obscenities here.)

So what possible interest would America have in empowering the vast numbers of people in Pakistan for example, who hate them?

new topics

join