It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Fortean Wonders of the World Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Seven Fortean Wonders of the World Results

blogs.forteana.org

Thanks to everyone who voted - here are the results of the CFI Seven Fortean Wonders of the World (in no particular order)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So I hope this is in the right place as it is a blog and not a news source per say. Regardless, I thought this was rather cool. People into this site, and other sites that sent people to vote came up with this list of, thats right, The Seven Fortean Wonders of the World. Most I ahve herd of, some I have not. I thought many of you would also find it interesting to see what catches peoples attention in the world of the unusual. Enjoy~Animal

blogs.forteana.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Giza really should of been one of the Seven. The Zone of Silence is another really good one that didn't make it. Machu Pichu defintely another good one that didn't make it. Stonehenge, that should of been a no brainer, but it was a no lister.

Nazca was a good choice though. It least that one made it.

Why did Tunguska not make it?

Others that should of made it: The Antikythera Device, Crystal Skulls, Olmec heads, Taos Hum, Vitrified Stone forts, and Voynich manuscript.

Instead we have Bigfoot? I mean yeah its an interesting Cryptid, but were talking about Wonders of the World. The Shroud of Turin appears to be more a Hoax by the Catholic Church. Oak Island? The Templar's Treasure would of been a good one, but there is no evidence its at Oak Island.

How about some that didn't even make the List to Vote On. Conspiracy?

The Beast of Gevaudan
Phantom Cats
Phantom Dogs
Globsters
Bloop!!!!
Baghdad Batteries!!!
Bermuda Traiangle!!!!
Animal Mutilations
Synchronicity
Roanoke!!!
Roman Dodecahedrons!

and just for completeness The Philadelphia Experiment.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's not Catholic dogma that the Shroud is authentic, so why the hit and run on the Catholic church? Best evidence shows that the carbon dating that was done is inconclusive for a variety of reasons, so why not pursue the truth of the matter?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo
It's not Catholic dogma that the Shroud is authentic, so why the hit and run on the Catholic church? Best evidence shows that the carbon dating that was done is inconclusive for a variety of reasons, so why not pursue the truth of the matter?

I'll rephrase it, since I dont blame 99% of the people in the Church in the present for the shroud.

Here's my rephrase: There is a good possiblity the shroud is a hoax, perpetuated by individuals within the Catholic Church, but not the Church as a whole.

Why do I think that? Members of the Church and the Church itself did some really crazy things back in the Middle Ages. The image on the Shroud can be replicated using alcemical techniques and the image does not look like a Jewish man from the 1st Century. The image looks like a European with long hair. The reason why people think Jesus had long hair has alot to do with the Shroud, the reality though is Jews of the 1st Century kept their hair short (not to mention the thick, wiry curly hair they had). Paul even tells his followers in the NT to not have long hair. Long hair was not only funny looking to the Jews, the Greeks and Romans cut their hair. The only people running around with long hair were the Barbarians like the Celts/Gauls, Goths/Geats/Scandinavians, and Germans.

join