It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Tex - The Love You Save(May Be Your Own)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Joe Tex was a rival of James Brown for most of his career and Tex even accused Brown of stealing stage moves.

That's questionable, but what is not questionable is that Brown stole Tex's woman, and at one time Brown and Tex got into a disagreement in which Brown pulled a pistol and fired several shots, some of them striking innocent patrons of the nightclub in which the fracas to place. Brown was said to have paid off the wounded with one hundred dollar bills.

This has to be one of Joe Tex's best:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
He sounds pretty melancholy IMO,
But pretty good. I mostly listen to gospel.The old-timey kind.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
He sounds pretty melancholy IMO,

Did you listen to the lyrics, at all?

It's a melancholy song. :bash:

The instrumentation combined with Tex's interpretation is priceless in my opinion.

[edit on 2008/1/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Flannery O'Connor deserves some props for writing the short story that allowed for the cute alteration of the song's title.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut

Flannery O'Connor deserves some props for writing the short story that allowed for the cute alteration of the song's title.

/tn.

You're a veritable font of background information.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Heh. I've always loved connecting the dots. Humorously enough, the content of the song actually fits well with the plot of the short story. It sounds good -- I hadn't heard this before, so thanks for sharing.

As further trivia, The Jackson 5 did a song called "The Love You Save" and the chorus includes the line "Stop! The love you save may be your own!"

/tn.

top topics

join