It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim voters were the deciding factor in Bush getting elected in 2000...do we owe it all to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Were they told something we weren't?

In the 2000 election, the Florida battle was the deciding factor, but there would not have been any battle without an estimated 60,000 votes which Florida Muslims asserted that they delivered in favor of Bush.

For the 2004 election they voted Democrat. (Did they find out they were lied to?)

Muslims voted 70% to 90% in favor of Bush with a significant 34% voting for the first time. Muslims, therefore, became the only bloc vote for Bush.

sourcewww.allied-media.com...

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So what is the point? The same could be said that ultra right wing religious voters in the South as a whole delived both the 2000 AND the 2004 victory to Bush.

Me thinks that we owe all of this to them actually.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
So what is the point?

You don't find it the least bit interesting that they would come out enforce and support Bush overwhelmengly as they did? From what I can remember I don't recall him making any pro-muslim speeches in that campaign.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
From what I can remember I don't recall him making any pro-muslim speeches in that campaign.

You may not have been watching the right media to see it. In California you will see candidates, esp. Republicans doing spots on the Iranian TV here. There are numerous Arab language programs as well. These are made here for expats and citizens living in this country. The Iranian TV show is produced in Los Angeles. Some candidates even will speak Farsi. The MSM may not have covered it. many of these groups also have alot of $$$$$ and politiicans of all sides will pander for it.

Also many of the thigs that attract say the hard core right, may also appeal to those who have a strict interpretation of Islam. Especially int he social arena.

[edit on 12/31/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Very interesting point. I will have to be more watchful during this election year.

top topics

join