It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faux (Fox) News trys to oust Ron Paul..AGAIN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
IMAGINE THAT!!
Once again Ron Paul is to be kept out by FAUX (Fox) news....I guess I smell a FOX in the hen house AGAIN!!!
SO..will he or will he not end up being on this one??? The Republican Party is even stepping up to bat on this one.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Ron Paul not invited to Fox News forum
N.H. GOP negotiating with network to include other candidates

Contrary to earlier reports, the Fox News Channel is hosting a Republican presidential candidate forum in New Hampshire, and, so far, Rep. Ron Paul has not been invited.

WND previously reported the event was canceled three weeks ago, but New Hampshire Republican Party Chairman Fergus Cullen confirmed today the forum is scheduled for Jan. 6.

The New Hampshire GOP is co-sponsoring the event, to be held at St. Anselm College in Goffstown, N.H., just two days before the crucial primary.

Candidates who have received invitations are former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson.
Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is negotiating with Fox News to have as many candidates as possible participate in the event.

"Limiting the number of candidates who are invited to participate in debates is not consistent with the tradition of the first in the nation primary," Cullen said in a statement today. "The level playing field requires that all candidates be given an equal opportunity to participate – not just a select few determined by the media prior to any votes being cast."

Cullen said the New Hampshire Republican Party is calling "upon all media organizations planning pre-primary debates or forums for both parties to include all recognized major candidates in their events."

Paul said Saturday that Fox News is "scared of me."

They "don't want my message to get out, but it will," he told the Boston Globe's Primary Source blog. "They are propagandists for this war, and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

Last night, Paul spokesman Jesse Benton told the Chicago Tribune's Jason George the campaign remains angry and in the dark.

"We have not heard anything else today," he said. "[Fox] continues to ignore our calls."

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Read this earlier today, cant say i am surprised. To think the whole thing revolves around the fact that he only has single digit poll ratings, which is obviously BS.

Paul said Saturday that Fox News is "scared of me."

They "don't want my message to get out, but it will," he told the Boston Globe's Primary Source blog. "They are propagandists for this war, and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative."

Bravo Mr. Paul. I only hope everyone else sees this.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I haven't watched any debates and most likely won't watch any debates anytime soon. I already know Ron Paul is the only candidate worthy of my vote, so a debate will tell me exactly nothing and watching would be a waste of time.

I guess I should protest Fox but since I already stopped watching The Three Stooges (aka, Fox and Friends Morning news, so called) and switched to Morning Joe Job what else is there for me to do? I know Joe's show has Mika (spawn of Satan) and Joe has turned into a useful idiot for the NWO but at least it's something to holler at between my sets of morning push ups.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yes...I think it is a load of BS too..about how he is doing in the polls...Funny...but I see Ron Paul is doing better in polls than Fred Thompson..but Fred Thompson gets the invite!!!
I dont watch the debates either..they are a joke..just like the news...they never include Ron Paul..and honestly THAT is enough reason to vote for the man!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I guess the media must be getting through to me. A month or so ago I was considering a vote for Ron Paul. After hearing him constantly cry that there's some conspiracy against him and making comments like "they're scared of me" no way would I cast a vote for him. I agree with many of his policies, but the man himself isn't Presidential and frankly, seeing the way he acts in public, I don't think he's fit for the job.

Sorry folks, I don't know who's getting my Primary vote yet but it won't be Mr. Paul.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Then why do you think he is being snubbed by so many in the media?? I mean COME ON....Fred Thompson gets invited for heavens sake???? Show me ANYTHING F.T. has EVER done???? Any Bills in congress?? ANYTHING?? Yet HE is invited to Fox debates??? Maybe Ron Paul is not the prettiest on the big screen but his ideas are the best of any candidate.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you ask me, the only people watching FOX news are incapable of making real political decisions to begin with.

It begs the question, just WHO is watching FOX news so much that it's supposedly the top rated newscaster?

I'll tell you who: morons. Morons watch FOX news to listen to vapid, money-manipulated political puppets root for their side. Morons watch FOX news because they WANT to hear trash on Ron Paul, or if not that, they want him excluded from the electorial discussion altogether.

What about the other spectrum of the country? We don't watch FOX news to begin with.

The division between the media is a direct corrolation to our division as a populace. I don't mean to be rude when I use the term 'moron' but we have to face up to the facts; FOX news has already been ousted as political theater. The only people watching it are incapable of accepting new information.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I agree with many of his policies, but the man himself isn't Presidential and frankly, seeing the way he acts in public, I don't think he's fit for the job.

I'm not bagging on you, but I am curious about those statements.

What defines "acting presidential"?
Could you be more specific. What is he doing in public that bothers you?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I dont hardly watch anything on the idiot box...it is all brain mushy..I can't stand the soap opera garbage on all the news and T.V. shows..I dont have cable T.V. and dont care to. I read online news and on occasion watch PBS..Fox news as well as ABC, CBS, NBC are more worried about Brittany, Anna Nicole etc. etc. than they are about real news. I am sorry to hear that a "maybe" vote for Ron PAul has been lost but there will be many more to step in and take that vote straight back for R.P. His message is just the only way.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I guess the media must be getting through to me. A month or so ago I was considering a vote for Ron Paul. After hearing him constantly cry that there's some conspiracy against him and making comments like "they're scared of me" no way would I cast a vote for him. I agree with many of his policies, but the man himself isn't Presidential and frankly, seeing the way he acts in public, I don't think he's fit for the job.

Sorry folks, I don't know who's getting my Primary vote yet but it won't be Mr. Paul.

Well it is blatently obvious that he isnt getting the attention and hasnt when he is the only candidate not invited...What do you think Rudy or Huckleberry Finn would do if they were not invited to FAUX....They do not even consider RP a republicon......But what do you expect from them....Hannity and his side kick Gomer and Mr Bill please the three stooges of the far right wing....

This Black Out Isnt New They have all done it just figured I would give ya this story to chew on aswell from June.....

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Sentinel 1]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Sentinel 1]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

The whole 'presidential image' debate has been pushed by the news from the start. After the first debates, female 'commentators' at FOX news and CNN were constantly exclaiming that Mitt Romney looked 'handsome and presidential' and that Ron Paul looked like a goofy old man etc.

I think we'll all come to understand that the same people watching FOX news are more interested in a candidates looks than his political history. We had the same kind of nonsense going on during the Bush and Kerry debates, "Bush looks like a good guy, Kerry looks like frankenstein." Doesn't get much simpler than that

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
LOL I never heard the Kerry-Frankenstein thing..LOL..but now that you mention it!!
Well..it just goes to show how the people are dumbed down by the hollywood hyped media..Looks mean more than brains. Put it in a pretty dressed up package and people will buy it. Not this chick!! I want my freedom, my liberty and for my kids to have theirs also. My son is 20 and watched ENDGAME..he has a baby and decided to NOT vaccinate her after watching..THANK GOD!!! But he never seemed to be listening to me when I have tried to talk to him about this stuff...but he sees and so will many other young men and women..the internet is helping with that.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Off topic here for a sec..I have emailed ATS but didnt get a reply..no biggy there..but can someone please tell me what the ATS, BTS, and PTS points mean on here????

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I ried to send ya link on your U2U Gin but I think I messed it up....

So... Here It Is In Here For Ya

It has alot of help for new people.....( I found it by accident) lol

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Haaa..THANKS big help..I didnt even know I could get U2U (pretty much email??) on here..LOL Better check it out.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The total lack of common sense displayed here is why my hope for this country dwindles on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX

The total lack of common sense displayed here is why my hope for this country dwindles on a daily basis.

People are cowards man, what can I say. Ron Paul came out with nothing but integrity for himself and for the constitution. Look how people talk about him. "He think's he's scaring the government he think's he's a revolutionary BLAH I'm not even going to give him a chance."

People are afraid to reason that the revolutionaries are right in almost every situation in history. They're afraid to admit that doing the right thing itself is a revolutionary act. The result? A nation of cowards. They will happily submit to the televisions mockery of Ron Paul if it means they have an excuse to avoid changing themself or their world for the better.

As far as hope for this country: all hope is NOT lost. We only need 10% of this country to wake up and start battling the other 10% which is misleading everyone. If 10% of us can manage to pull the 80% of undecided people in the right direction, we win. Even if Ron Paul doesn't get elected president, the number of people fighting for him are IN on this 10% idea . If the 80% doesn't catch on soon... it'll be too late for them.

The 10% of us need to stick together, and if it comes to it, let's just openly say it: the rest of them are hopeless. I believe God himself said that's how it was going to be.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Very well said

I have to say, that I've never really thought about it quite like that. You can count me in as one of the 10%, the funny thing is i haven't really had to 'sway' anyone yet. Every single time i have brought up the subject on politics and the upcoming election, its been "yeah i really like what Ron Paul says he has my vote".

Ironically the only Ron Paul "resistance" i have encountered has been online.

Perhaps i should get out more.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I agree with many of his policies, but the man himself isn't Presidential and frankly, seeing the way he acts in public, I don't think he's fit for the job.

I'm not bagging on you, but I am curious about those statements.

The actions I'm referring to, more than anything else, are his complete lack of calm. Every time I've ever seen him speak he's loud and obviously very agitated. It scares me to think that the President of the US could have a demeanor like that. I already have these images of him meeting other world leaders and publically berating them. In my life, when people speak to me like that I generally assume that he/she is a nutjob and avoid them from that time on.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

The whole 'presidential image' debate has been pushed by the news from the start. After the first debates, female 'commentators' at FOX news and CNN were constantly exclaiming that Mitt Romney looked 'handsome and presidential' and that Ron Paul looked like a goofy old man etc.

I think we'll all come to understand that the same people watching FOX news are more interested in a candidates looks than his political history. We had the same kind of nonsense going on during the Bush and Kerry debates, "Bush looks like a good guy, Kerry looks like frankenstein." Doesn't get much simpler than that

Before this turns into a "BlueTriangle is just brainwashed by the media" discussion, you should know that I watch ZERO news on the television. Truth be told, I get most of my news by article referalls here on ATS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join