It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Age by 2020 : The Sea Salt Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If there is truly a problem with polar ice caps melts diluting the salinity, then I propose a unique solution.

Have all of the desalination plants around the world store up their salt and then deposit copius amounts of the stuff onto every large ice flow/iceberg that breaks up. As they float around, melting from the salt, they will be resalinating the surrounding waters and since they would be melting faster due to the salt, they would decrease the danger to shipping lanes.

Whether the wether chages are man-made; a simple cyclical trend; or a cyclical trend accelerated by man doesn't really matter. We need to think out of the box in order to make any significant headway in eventually learning how to control our environment for the long term.

IMHO

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeritol

WOW, I gotta think about that...would salt taken from salt water that is now used for fresh water work if we dump it at the melting caps? If we knew the exact amount of water and the required salinity needed to offset that amount of freshwater, maybe. But by dumping all that salt there you would kill all the marine life since the salt would dissolve in the water before the ice completely melts...But after being educated by our resident expert Essan, I would agree that the NAS isn't as important as the media, Al Gore and The Day After Tomorrow wants us to believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Instead of debating we could just form a spiderweb across the oceans of this planet of iron ore powder and eliminate the immediate threat of global warming. The planet would cool back down after the carbon dioxide was taken out of the atmosphere. Then we would have a lot more time to debate global warming and problems with the ocean currents of the world changing and destroying the weather patterns we have become dependent upon for our food. However taking action now would make people wonder what would happen if things continue as is. I think things will get much worse if the glaciers of Greenland melt away raising sea levels up to 20 feet and the ice in Antarctica starts flowing into the ocean and melting at a faster rate. If things accelerate, Florida will be underwater along with every major coastal city if it's at a low elevation.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by orionthehunter]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i have read alot about ice ages... would chances increase after a global nuclear war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join